Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by atzman
when you pay, let the attendant know that you have code 303" This will get you $9.50 per day."

This rate is over 20% savings from their rac rate. I cannot post the image but it is the same coupon they had a while ago.
Originally Posted by JPat
We use shuttlepark2.com. Competitive rates and reliable shuttle service. You can also score some freebies after you have used them a few times.
We've used them ever since they opened but we keep an eye on the competition. I don't know about "code 303" but there's a similar discount if you're an AAA member, although it's not publicized. I just hand them my AAA card along with the parking tag.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Fredd
We've used them ever since they opened but we keep an eye on the competition. I don't know about "code 303" but there's a similar discount if you're an AAA member, although it's not publicized. I just hand them my AAA card along with the parking tag.
ShuttlePark2 actually stopped being a preferred parking provider for AAA some time ago; AAA now has discount rates for WallyPark, MasterPark and Ajax. I do know ShuttlePark2 can do a discount for AAA members as a courtesy, but it's not because they're a partner anymore. (I've also been parking there since they opened.) However, they do have good web coupons if you regularly visit their website.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
ShuttlePark2 actually stopped being a preferred parking provider for AAA some time ago; AAA now has discount rates for WallyPark, MasterPark and Ajax. I do know ShuttlePark2 can do a discount for AAA members as a courtesy, but it's not because they're a partner anymore. (I've also been parking there since they opened.) However, they do have good web coupons if you regularly visit their website.
Thanks for that heads-up! ^ Our recent trips have been long enough that we've been using hotel park-and-fly deals. I'd also thought SP2 had stopped offering website coupons some time ago so we'll check that out as well. Update: Mrs. Fredd has seen the coupons all along - my mistake - so we'll be sure to print some out.

Last edited by Fredd; Feb 10, 2011 at 12:27 am Reason: New info
Old Feb 10, 2011, 1:36 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
There is a new WallyPark location and they are having a grand opening special of $9.95 per day for Self Parking.

http://wallypark.com/SEA/landing.html
Old Feb 10, 2011, 1:48 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by BearX220
$350 per month for unlimited parking @ Sea-Tac is completely insane. The day rate now is $26; the weekly (5-7 day) rate, $130. If you're gone longer than two weeks Seatac Park (www.seatacpark.com) has a monthly rate of $149 via website coupon. You would have to be drunk, stoned and stupid to think the airport's Passport deal makes sense. There's practically no way to make it pay, unless a guaranteed spot on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is worth hundreds extra to you.
While I agree it wouldn't make sense for long-term parking, if you made a lot of same day trips, or 1-2 night trips, it might be worth paying the extra to have a reserved section of the airport garage. The day rate is $26 whether you find close-in parking, or are up on the top floor, outside in the weather. You're in and out quickly without circling the garage looking for a spot, or waiting for a shuttle to come get you.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
day rate @ SEA for parking is now $28

Originally Posted by missydarlin
While I agree it wouldn't make sense for long-term parking, if you made a lot of same day trips, or 1-2 night trips, it might be worth paying the extra to have a reserved section of the airport garage. The day rate is $26 whether you find close-in parking, or are up on the top floor, outside in the weather. You're in and out quickly without circling the garage looking for a spot, or waiting for a shuttle to come get you.
I have parked in the SEA garage twice since early in January and have been charged $28 per day. ...
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by missydarlin
There is a new WallyPark location and they are having a grand opening special of $9.95 per day for Self Parking.
I gave it ("WallyPark Premier Parking") a try last week.

Pros:
  • Covered, well-lit, stacked-garage parking
  • Nice new shuttle vans make frequent trips
  • Rapid (three-minute) ride back to the garage from the airport

Cons:
  • Long ride to the airport despite close-in location (the garage is just over the perimeter fence from the end of the A concourse). The shuttle heads south, away from the airport, then makes a U-turn on International Boulevard, then heads north, then waits for the light to cross Intl Blvd again... well over ten minutes
  • Unlike ShuttlePark2 the van does not take you to your car. It drops you at a central elevator, then you ride up and hike to your car alone.
  • Toll booth would not accept the 25%-off coupon I clipped from my CO boarding pass which was the whole incentive to try the facility in the first place... told me the $9.95/day grand-opening rate took the place of the coupon.

Verdict:
  • Meh. More expensive than SP2, longer ride to airport, longer walk to and from your car.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Shuttlepark2

Shuttlepark2 has a new coupon of $7.25/day. That's the lowest rate they have offered for quite some time.

http://shuttlepark2.com/coupons.html
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: DL Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz Gold
SeaTac Parking

Just curious if anyone had a recommendation for parking at SeaTac?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by PDX1130
Just curious if anyone had a recommendation for parking at SeaTac?
Masterpark is a mileage plan partner.
http://www.masterparking.com/

See also this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/...ht=sea+parking
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Going to move this to the West Regional Forum as it's not AS specific.

Cholula
Alaska Airline Co-Moderator
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
The Shuttlepark2 coupon rate is now $7.75. Still very good for the area. Their shuttles are not as frequent as others for airport pick-up but still not bad. I continue to use them and have no complaints.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Has anyone tried this outfit north of the airport yet?

http://www.parknjetseatac.com/

At $54 a.i. for nine days, I'm giving them a shot next week. ShuttlePark2 is my usual, but I sure wish it didn't take 25 minutes to summon an SP2 van to the airport at midnight when the ride only takes 5 or 6.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone tried this outfit north of the airport yet?
OK, I'll answer my own question about Park N Jet 2, having just been a customer.

Pros: Price. The drive-up rate is $9.99 / day and when you reserve online it falls to as low as $4.80 / day. My 9-day stay came to $54 including taxes and fees. I don't know of anything cheaper in the airport zone. And the windshield chit doubles as a $2 coupon for a future visit.

Cons: Location. 1244 S. 140th is way off the beaten track, on a dark, secluded, wooded side street off the Des Moines Memorial Highway, north of Sea-Tac and under the southbound approach path. It's not easy to find, and a long ten-minute ride to the airport.

Security is middling. The place is ringed by a fence, but the entry / exit gate is seemingly always open and while cameras are pointed at the driveway there's nobody out there most of the time. All the staff are inside. It'd be relatively easy to walk onto the property undetected.

Service is a mix of valet and self-park. If you choose the latter they do not drive you directly to your car -- you have to hike out into the lot yourself.

Weird: They make you pay on arrival, stating your return day / time and providing your incoming flight number. This makes no sense to me. There must be a lot of furious recalculating and surcharging when plans change or flights are late.

Shuttle speed: summoning a pickup took about 15 minutes. During that time several Masterpark, Doug Fox and WallyPark shuttles went by, but none from my usual parking vendor, ShuttlePark2.

Verdict: undecided; a little put off by the location and pay-in-advance requirement; looking for input from others.

Last edited by BearX220; Dec 15, 2011 at 9:58 am
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:46 am

OK, I'll answer my own question about Park N Jet 2, having just been a customer...

Verdict: undecided; a little put off by the location and pay-in-advance requirement; looking for input from others.
Well over 10 years ago we discovered a quite similar place (the same company perhaps). We had to pay online before we arrived. We were taken aback by a parking lot that was essentially a somewhat bumpy unpaved field. Our shuttle ride was in a shabby van driven by a sullen (or just disinterested) fellow listening to music on his earphones. The operation was such that I wasn't that excited about having to leave my car keys with them. We didn't return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.