Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
fellow Magnolia resident here (at least when I'm not in the office in DC or at FL370 in between) ... we have used WallyPark's Groupon offers for 4-5 day trips, but the website issues are indeed a nuisance

I'd actually agree with the above poster to check airport-area hotels for a park/sleep/fly rate, given the pre-sunrise departure
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by martonikaj
Living in downtown Seattle we take Link to SEA exclusively instead of bothering with driving, but with an upcoming trip that has us taking a 5 a.m. flight out and a return flight that lands back at SEA at 2:30 a.m. ... it's not possible.

Rather than pay some $40-50 each way for an Uber or cab, is it realistic to think we can get parking at/near the airport for 8 days (well, since we land at 2:30 a.m. I suppose 9 days?) for roughly that price — understanding that we would be willing to pay a little for the convenience of just getting in our car and driving home when we arrive.

I see that the SEA terminal garage has weekly parking for $130 ... or sometimes $109 w/ a coupon, which would be ideal but we're technically parking for 9 "days." Other parking services around are cheaper, but obviously rely on a shuttle service, and the few I checked don't offer shuttles that early/late or had very infrequent schedules ... kind of defeats the purpose.

Anyone have a recommendation for this situation? There are so many parking providers that I have no idea where to start here ... Maybe just doing an Uber will be best.
Those "sometimes" coupons are really "always" coupons, just go to the seatac web site and you'll find a form to fill out, they'll email you the coupon right away. The deal is $19/day or $109/week. If you stay more than a week but less than two, you'll be charged the extra days at the $19 rate.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AS
+1 for Park n Jet (I use lot 2). Last time I parked was $7.40/day all in. They got new shuttles recently and they've always been prompt at drop off/pick up. I do valet since I have an old beater car I don't worry about and it's always out front waiting when I get back.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Good suggestions. Sometimes I rent a car the night before if I can get a super cheap rate and the trip is long enough to make it worthwhile.

Return the car and no parking costs. Go home via Uber. Will look up Wingz for sure.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL Gold; AS MVP Gold
Wow thanks for the flood of suggestions! Looks like there are more solid options than it seemed at first. It's just so hard to find out what parking places are legit when you just Google search for "SEA airport parking" ... everything kind of looks the same and you don't know which to trust.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
I've switched to Wingz, which is an Uber-like service but allows to arrange airport trips a scheduled time for a flat fare (plus tip, if you wish). From the Magnolia neighborhood, for example, it's $34. I recommend it, especially if you want the certainty of a timed picked up and no chance of surge pricing.
^
Wingz is awesome. Pricing is often slightly less than uber, you book ahead of time, and no surge pricing.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:35 pm

If you are in downtown, why don't you just take Link?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by tedder
If you are in downtown, why don't you just take Link?
Link does not operate at the time he needs to arrive at the airport and when he returns from his travel. See post # 1:
Living in downtown Seattle we take Link to SEA exclusively instead of bothering with driving, but with an upcoming trip that has us taking a 5 a.m. flight out and a return flight that lands back at SEA at 2:30 a.m. ... it's not possible.
Link:
http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Link-light-rail
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
The two I usually use are Extra Car and Aeroparking. Both use shuttles, extra car is typically a smidge more expensive since it's super close to the airport while Aeroparking is the next exit down the I-5 (you end up going around the airport, which is nice if you go during heavy traffic times). Always had great service from both. Use CD8 discount code for extra car or sign up for the Aeroparking perks program (you'll get a free day too for next time I think) will run you $75-85 for 8-9 days.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
This sounds like a lot of hassle and inconvenience just to save a few bucks in the end. I would just go with UberX door-to-curb and be done with it.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:22 pm

I generally use shuttlepark2 or Wallypark (usually rooftop at the premier garage). Shuttlepark2 is a little further away, and you can always find the current coupon on their website (or check the valpack ads you get in the mail). If you have access to passport corporate from your employer I believe it's a 30% discount on the base rate for Wallypark. I find that both are pretty good for picking up late arrivals, as I've generally arrive on the last UA flight from SFO after 1AM.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
WallyClub Site to Manually Entered Points from Receipt

Shame on me for not bookmarking the site where one can manually input the point from the receipts. The new WallyPark site doesn't have this feature. Does anyone have the URL site bookmarked to manually load the points? Thank you.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:12 am

Wally's Garage was packed the two times I parked during this past month. Both times I'd made reservation for covered self-parking ahead of time. And then you show up and there's a sign at the entrance saying the garage is full and that they're only allowing in folks with reservations. However, the shack next to the entrance is unmanned and there's nothing that stops anyone from entering anyways, with or without reservation. And so I enter and there was literally nothing on either 3rd or 4th floor for a while. I just kept driving around and then someone must've returned via shuttle, because finally I came upon an empty slot after ~10minutes of driving. That's too much hassle to go through when you've booked a reservation.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:31 pm

Less expensive parking near SEA

(I checked the past 2 years and don't see a similar thread)

Where might one park cheaply near Seattle airport? I see that Seatac, the city, requires permits to park in the residential neighborhoods near the airport.
Sea Crest Motor Inn is cheap but I think it is valet parking, which I don't like.
I think the Marriott, somewhat close to the light rail station is cheaper compared to some.

On one upcoming trip, I only need to park one day (morning departure, late night arrival)
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
OP - Are you disabled?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.