Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by evergrn
I see. So this does happen from time to time then. Btw they allow you to make a reservation online ahead of time, but I wonder how that works and how they assure that there will be a spot for me.
The reservation page/process has changed in the last few months. This one is more specific than the previous, so I suspect it's more accurate. But it's hard to tell.

Since there's no charge, there's no harm to reserve. I've done it for three August trips and print out the page to bring with me.

I suspect it won't be a truly solid "reservation" unless WallyPark, like ShuttlePark2, charges a reservation deposit. That would limit reservations made by folks who aren't sure if they'll park at WallyPark.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
interesting, i didnt realize they made this change to the reservation process. my impression from spring time was that the reservations were not guaranteed (dont remember where i read that fineprint). i'll have to ask next time i go there.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 3:55 am

Wally's is probably the only place at SEA with those ding-guard dividers between stalls. But is there another pkg garage you can recommend at SEA where each stall is relatively wide, in order to minimize the risks of door dings?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:11 am

Bumping this. Looking for alternative option to Wally's Garage (only place I've used recently). Looking for a cheap place with frequent/reliable shuttle service, consistent parking availability, and most importantly fairly spacious parking slots.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, SPG Gold, MR Platinum, Hilton Gold
SEA airport parking, experiences and loyalty programs

Hey folks,

I've been following along with fascination learning about the various airline and hotel loyalty programs. Something I haven't heard mentioned much is airport parking.

I had been loyal to a particular parking chain in Seattle (MasterPark) for 13 years when I decided to try another that gave me points for parking that could be used towards free parking days (Wally Park). After two bad experiences with them (http://www.milesfromhere.com/2013/11...ppoints-again/) I'm back with MasterPark.

I was wondering though, does anyone have a recommended parking company (in Seattle) that offers a good loyalty program, good prices and gets you to the airport quickly?

MasterPark is great in all respects, but doesn't offer a loyalty program, and is a little more expensive than others.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:51 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As the OP is asking about Seattle airport parking, I'll move this to the West destination forum, where SEA is often discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Vanessa Howell
Hey folks,

I've been following along with fascination learning about the various airline and hotel loyalty programs. Something I haven't heard mentioned much is airport parking.

I had been loyal to a particular parking chain in Seattle (MasterPark) for 13 years when I decided to try another that gave me points for parking that could be used towards free parking days (Wally Park). After two bad experiences with them (http://www.milesfromhere.com/2013/11...ppoints-again/) I'm back with MasterPark.

I was wondering though, does anyone have a recommended parking company (in Seattle) that offers a good loyalty program, good prices and gets you to the airport quickly?

MasterPark is great in all respects, but doesn't offer a loyalty program, and is a little more expensive than others.
I read your story about your Wally experiences on your link. Your first story... I don't know what to say other than that:
1).I can't remember NOT having been offered to have my suitcase carried up into the shuttle at Wally's Premier Garage (and I've probably parked there probably ~15x over the past couple years).
2).How can you expect the shuttle to drive off the minute you sit down? They leave every 5min or so, and you're not always going to be the last passenger to get on.
3).What felt like a roundout loop the shuttle took from the garage to the terminal is actually the shortest way according to SEA's setup. But you didn't mention that, on the way back (after pick up at the terminal), the shuttle ride from the terminal to Wally's Garage is like 1-2 minutes only. So the entire shuttle loop is probably the same as most other places.

Can't comment on your second story because I rarely park in Wally's open lot.

Just defending Wally's, because they've been good for the most part. Anyways, I too am always looking for other good options.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, SPG Gold, MR Platinum, Hilton Gold
Appreciate your perspective, thanks!

I've never waited more than 30s at Masterpark, so 5 mins is forever in comparison. I guess I expect it because that's what I'm used to.

The overall journey was quite a bit longer compared with Masterpark. It was likely the fastest way from Wally's parking garage, but still took about twice as long as I'm used to.

I might just be spoiled, and it's possible Wally is better than other options I haven't tried. But they don't even compare with the speed, friendliness and overall quality of service I've received from Masterpark.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:00 pm

At Wally's (garage one), I recently made the online reservation on a whim (I usually don't) before showing up. When I got there, the lady said she'd had to turn me away unless I had a reservation. Apparently they were full. Think that was the first time I was told it was full. Luckily I made the reservation. Their whole reservation process seems overly simple and sketchy to me. Do you guys know if the reservation absolutely guarantees you get to park there, or has anyone ever been turned away from Wally's premier garage even with a reservation?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by evergrn
Their whole reservation process seems overly simple and sketchy to me.
Why do you say it's "sketchy?" You weren't turned away.

Unlike ShuttlePark2, they don't require a reservation fee (IIRC, it had been $10 at SP2) and that appears to be the only difference. But I've been turned away at SP2 even with a reservation and directed to other co-owned lots. I've never been turned away at WallyPark, though I have been told I'd have to park valet.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Why do you say it's "sketchy?" You weren't turned away.
Okay so maybe the system is legit. I just said sketchy for no reason other than that their booking process is so simple with no upfront deposit or anything (although I suppose car rentals are the same way) and the fact that the system would let me book even though the garage was full. I booked the night before and got there super-early in the morning... I would think with SEA there're more folks returning at night than going, so I doubt the parking occupancy had increased from the time I booked until the time I got there.

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
I've never been turned away at WallyPark, though I have been told I'd have to park valet.
That's good to hear. At the last visit, I was also told I'd have to valet but they gave me the self-park rates since I had the self-park reservation and the lot was full.

I'm asking because I've got a trip coming up where the schedule works out such that I don't have any margin for error in terms of having any kind of parking issues.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
Went to buy some Wally Park gift cards at the Kirkland, WA Costco this weekend and they did not have any. They checked the surrounding Costco locations for me and none of the stores had them in stock.

Has anyone been able to buy these recently? I'm hoping Costco doesn't stop carrying these, as it made Wally Park a decent deal.

Where are people parking these days?
Old May 20, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: DL, AS, UA, HH, MR, Nat. Car
I use park n fly right next to the sky bridge at the light rail station. Sign up for express program and it is $10+tax. Because it is so close I often walk instead of taking the shuttle. You do need to call to get the shuttle though.
Old May 20, 2014, 12:13 pm

Any recommendations for very long-term parking at the airport? Looking for a place for just less than three months. Thinking about WallyPark, will be spendy but I guess that's what I'm in for. Heard from multiple people that Costco no longer has the gift cards, has anyone heard otherwise?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:36 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Has anyone used http://www.aboutairportparking.com/ ? It seems to be a consolidator of various lots (like kayak) and their rates are much cheaper than if you go to the lot operators' sites directly. What's the catch?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.