Destinations

America - USA

Pacific Northwest

PDX airside construction. Is it over?

Old Nov 5, 22, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Hello if I get in concourse C around 11pm on a saturday night. Can I get to concourse D?
Is it OK to sleep over at the terminal?
Old Nov 5, 22, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
No.

they had pre construction an inside security hallway between B-C and D-E. Thst is closed because of the central terminal remodeling project.

the area of C1-C4 is closed off and thr inserted an outer walk way.

you probably could sleep inside the terminal.

when are your flight times?

just outside of baggage claim to the right side is a light rail station. The first stop down there is a holiday inn express and a residence inn. Second stop has aloft, hyatt, and a few others.

D/E are delta, United, Southwest. There flights are usually out by 11 pm.

therr have bern some red eye United flights to EWR or IADthat take off after 12 pm. In that case TSA could still be open at 11 pm if flight is at 1130pm or so.
Old Nov 5, 22, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by micgolub View Post
Hello if I get in concourse C around 11pm on a saturday night. Can I get to concourse D?
responded above
Old Nov 5, 22, 8:57 pm

As djp98374 said, the construction is not over and the concourse connector is still closed. However, you can exit the B/C secure area and go through security again to enter the D concourse. The airport is open 24/7, and you are allowed to spend the night there if you have a boarding pass for a flight departing within 24 hours.

Source: https://www.flypdx.com/Contact#Terminal-Accordion-1 (click on Terminal)
Old Nov 8, 22, 11:27 am

What above said….TSA might not be open 24/7. It might be tied to terminal operations. If no flights are boarding/ landing then TSA check will be closed but you can still be inside security or outside security.

outside security on the Alaska side of baggage claim there is a bathroom, drinking fountain, and a bunch of chairs you can sit on or sleep near if TSA is closed.

Pre construction PDX had a shopping mall strip and food court in the middle with opposite ends being TSS checkpoints. But all that is closed with the re-design. Thst area you could find a place to sleep.

where the airlines bag check is on the 2nd floor has been going through construction as well therr is much open areas to sleep on that level.
Old Nov 8, 22, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by djp98374 View Post
TSA might not be open 24/7. It might be tied to terminal operations. If no flights are boarding/ landing then TSA check will be closed but you can still be inside security or outside security.
True. I couldn't find a reliable source for general checkpoint hours. However, TSA says that PreCheck is open at the D/E checkpoint until midnight on Saturday night and opens again at both checkpoints at 3:00am on Sunday. What that means for the non-PreCheck lanes I don't know.

If concerned, you could call or email TSA at PDX to be sure. Phone 503-889-3067 or email [email protected]
Old Nov 23, 22, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I don't know for sure what happens in the wee hours, but when arriving after midnight, I consistently see people in the comfy chairs along the windows in the bypass corridor who appear to be settling in for the night. Always makes me glad to be at a place in life where an airport hotel is not a major item.

Search this Thread