Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Best place to stay in Puget Sound while house hunting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold

A friend is moving to the Puget Sound and spending ~2 weeks house hunting in mid- to late March. My house doesn't have adequate room to accommodate her. She's open to getting a rental car, but doesn't want to drive 'hours' as she searches different neighborhoods. Any good options for longish-term stays that won't break the bank?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:19 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
"Puget Sound" is a helluva big area. Any idea where her search might be focused? Absent any more specific information, I'd probably say Seattle, because it's pretty central. And if she's researching multiple areas, it would probably be best to pick two or three bases from which to explore the local areas.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hate to say it but, if she's the one doing the house hunting, she should a) do the research to narrow down which areas/towns/regions are of interest, b) find places to stay in those during her visit and c) basically try out which one(s) suit her best.

Oh, and try out traffic at different times of the day and night. I hear that the 5 and 405 can be really fun.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.