SEA Arrivals lounge

Old Mar 9, 19, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriot Gold Elite, SPG Diamond
SEA Arrivals lounge

My wife, daughter (15) and I are flying roundtrip to NRT from SEA this summer. We're in business class, booked through UA as a codeshare (I am 1k with UA).

We have a 6 hour layover on the return leg, taking a separate Alaska flight home as it was the only good direct option. Are there any arrival lounge options for ANA or UA at SEA, or even half decent paid options? Don't want to have to decamp in the concourse at the end of our vacation
Old Mar 9, 19, 10:17 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ixian View Post
My wife, daughter (15) and I are flying roundtrip to NRT from SEA this summer. We're in business class, booked through UA as a codeshare (I am 1k with UA).

We have a 6 hour layover on the return leg, taking a separate Alaska flight home as it was the only good direct option. Are there any arrival lounge options for ANA or UA at SEA, or even half decent paid options? Don't want to have to decamp in the concourse at the end of our vacation
The Centurion Lounge at SEA has a shower.
Old Mar 9, 19, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
The Centurion Lounge at SEA has a shower.
Unfortunately I don't carry Amex Plat, also there's a note on their site saying it is closing in March for renovations, completion date unknown. Is that the only one?
Old Mar 10, 19, 3:01 am

There are a couple of lounges that accept Priority Pass.

Maybe u can look into one of the nearby hotels n see if they have a day rate.

another option is to spend a few hours in downtown Seattle.
there are some interesting places to see.
Old Mar 10, 19, 10:48 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Unfortunately I don't carry Amex Plat, also there's a note on their site saying it is closing in March for renovations, completion date unknown. Is that the only one?
You wrote that you would be passing through SEA in the summer. By summer, the Centurion Lounge will be open again, and you would even have time to obtain the Amex Plat card.
Old Mar 10, 19, 4:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
You wrote that you would be passing through SEA in the summer. By summer, the Centurion Lounge will be open again, and you would even have time to obtain the Amex Plat card.
Two problems with Centurion lounge. 6 hour layover, you can at most be permitted into the lounge 2 hours before your flight now I believe.
Showers - I have never been able to book a shower in a Centurion lounge for the past 4 years. About 5 years ago, I was able to get a shower in the Dallas lounge, but denied in every Centurion lounge since.

Seattle in the summer is a lovely place to visit. See if you can check all your luggage in when you arrive in Seattle, and head to down town would be my suggestion.
Old Mar 10, 19, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Plat/LTG, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AA Gold
There is a UA lounge but I forget *A rules. I think if you were connecting to a same day UA flight you could get in as a result of *G/J on a *A flight but I don't remember *A rules on arrival lounge access if you aren't connecting on to another *A flight. There is also a "The Club at SEA" which you can get into with PP.

If nothing else you could buy a day pass for the UC or I think you can buy a day pass to the AS Boardroom (both subject to capacity constraints though that should've be a big issue at the UC but could be at the Boardroom).
Old Mar 10, 19, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I have Priority Pass access via Chase SR, but I've had middling luck with it domestically. I might try the UA lounge; 3 of us are arriving on paid UA J fares, I'm 1k, and at a last resort I still have two free passes, so maybe something can be worked out. Question: Is the UA/*A lounge available after we pass through immigration?

As for visiting Seattle, we'll be there before the Japan trip, and 6 hours is kind of short when you factor in immigration, etc. In reality we'll probably have 4 hours at most to kill in the airport between getting off the one flight and preparing to board the other.
Old Mar 10, 19, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Plat/LTG, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AA Gold
Thanks, I have Priority Pass access via Chase SR, but I've had middling luck with it domestically. I might try the UA lounge; 3 of us are arriving on paid UA J fares, I'm 1k, and at a last resort I still have two free passes, so maybe something can be worked out. Question: Is the UA/*A lounge available after we pass through immigration?

As for visiting Seattle, we'll be there before the Japan trip, and 6 hours is kind of short when you factor in immigration, etc. In reality we'll probably have 4 hours at most to kill in the airport between getting off the one flight and preparing to board the other.
Assuming you are connecting onwards yes. All of SEA is connected airside (though you may have to take the airside trains if going to "North" or "South" terminal -- and I believe AS mainline does fly out of North on occasion) so once you clear immigration and check back into your AS flight and pass through security you'll be able to access the UC + "The Club at SEA" and anything else you want to explore.

The UA lounge is over in Terminal A, I don't think AS departs from A gates (they depart from almost everywhere but A) but it'll be easy enough to walk over, just make sure you leave yourself enough time from the UC to your eventual departure gate -- especially if you end up needing to take the train to "North"

I did this once a few years back, I still had my UC membership but had switched over to AA and was doing a MR to SEA and ended up killing time in the UC -- was easy enough.
Old Mar 10, 19, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
Assuming you are connecting onwards yes. All of SEA is connected airside (though you may have to take the airside trains if going to "North" or "South" terminal -- and I believe AS mainline does fly out of North on occasion) so once you clear immigration and check back into your AS flight and pass through security you'll be able to access the UC + "The Club at SEA" and anything else you want to explore.

The UA lounge is over in Terminal A, I don't think AS departs from A gates (they depart from almost everywhere but A) but it'll be easy enough to walk over, just make sure you leave yourself enough time from the UC to your eventual departure gate -- especially if you end up needing to take the train to "North"

I did this once a few years back, I still had my UC membership but had switched over to AA and was doing a MR to SEA and ended up killing time in the UC -- was easy enough.
Very helpful, thanks.

UA has let me in once before in a similar situation (arriving on a J flight from overseas, but connecting with another carrier) though I suspect it's up to the managers discretion and how busy they are. I would have flown them all the way through but they don't even have decent flights with connections to SEA to/from AUS much less direct. Alaska has direct flights but only 2 a day, hence the long layover. The UA flights w/connections would actually get us home later even with a shorter stop at SEA.

We're meeting family in Seattle for a couple days on the way out, hence flying to Japan from there (plus ANA is just better than UA for J class) and also why doing another short day trip in Seattle on the return isn't appealing.
Old Mar 12, 19, 10:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
To check out airport facilities and nearby hotels, I frequently use sleepinginairports.net. See https://www.sleepinginairports.net/g...port-guide.htm.

Though you can pay to access Alaska or other lounges, the only lounge with showers appears to be the Delta Sky Club, for which you need a Delta boarding pass even if paying, it seems.
Old Mar 12, 19, 11:24 am
Moderator: Information Desk, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I've moved this to our Pacific Northwest forum, which is the appropriate spot for airport-specific questions.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk