FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pacific-northwest-759/)
-   -   Best Priority Pass Lounge in Seattle? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pacific-northwest/1748709-best-priority-pass-lounge-seattle.html)

stevescott1983 Feb 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Best Priority Pass Lounge in Seattle?

I'll be flying through Seattle a couple times next month (once on Delta and once on Alaska). I have Priority Pass and am just wondering which lounge is the best. Both times I will have ample time to walk across airport. They offer:
The Club at SEA (Concourse A and South Satellite)
Alaska Airlines Boardroom (Concourse D and North Satellite)

So essentially Alaska Boardroom vs. The Club

philemer Apr 3, 2016 8:04 pm

Interested in an answer too. Anyone?

woodway Apr 3, 2016 8:52 pm

Alaska Boardroom.

lonelycrowd May 19, 2016 10:46 am

Visited both the AS Boardroom and The Club at SEA (S Satellite) yesterday. The Club at SEA definitely had a better food selection even if a lot of it is packaged stuff (e.g., Tim's branded chips, lots of cookies, hummus, two soup choices). Only complaint is that it was pretty crowded when we came in around noon, partly because a bunch of seats are partitioned off into a "first class" section for their official airline partners (basically all the *A carriers nearby). Nobody was really watching the fancy glass door splitting the lounge, however, so I'm sure that a PP user could have slipped in undetected... For comparison, there was a small salad bar and one soup choice at the AS Boardroom. We were hungry and so we thought it was worth the few extra minutes on the tram to get out to the Club.

There's also a Club at SEA location way out in the A-gates that you would have to walk to. We chose the tram to the satellite over the long walk, but obviously your preferences may differ as far as mode of transportation goes.

The main advantage of the Boardroom is that it's right there after the north TSA checkpoint and close to central terminal if you're short on time, plus the support of AS agents if you need it. IIRC, their breakfast spread might be a bit better than what we found if you arrive early enough.

nineworldseries May 20, 2016 11:38 am

Just visited the Alaska Air Boardroom in Anchorage, and I found it to be pretty sad, so we didn't even bother going to the one in SEA. Is it any better? We ended up at the Club at SEA (the one in the boondocks at A gates), and it was kinda sad as well. Hot soup, packaged snacks (cookies, chips), bottled drinks, and cups of ready-to-make ramen noodles.

I just got my Citi Prestige and Priority Pass, so my experiences with lounges are fairly limited, but is this what I have to look forward to? I was left wondering about why anyone would pay money to access these lounges. They are certainly nowhere near the caliber of the one United lounge and the few Admiral's Clubs I've been to.

CRAZ8 May 24, 2016 8:46 pm

This FlyerTalk post has all the SEA Priority Pass lounges in the Wiki at the top of the post. The Centurion Studio is only for Amex Platinum/Centurion card members, but the other 4 lounges are all Priority Pass

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

The D1 Alaska lounge is the biggest, with food downstairs and upstairs, and bar service from the kitchen upstairs (you go to the window to get served - it's strange, but the beer is good!)

The best lounge is the one that's close by - which is why they recently added the N gates Alaska lounge. I've not visited this one yet.

hsmama Jan 31, 2017 8:02 am

dumb question here..... you don't have to be flying that particular airline to get into the lounge,just need the priority pass,right? What is the Delta skyclub like?

david55 Jan 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by hsmama (Post 27844111)
dumb question here..... you don't have to be flying that particular airline to get into the lounge,just need the priority pass,right? What is the Delta skyclub like?

The Delta lounge is brand new...and I had my first experience 2 weeks ago. It is beautiful, friendly, decent food ( breakfast) comfortable and large. I would stop in there every time if I could.

Eastbay1K Jan 31, 2017 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by hsmama (Post 27844111)
dumb question here..... you don't have to be flying that particular airline to get into the lounge,just need the priority pass,right?

That is correct.

I am somewhat partial to The Club way down the A pier for 2 reasons - (1) extremely quiet in the afternoon (at least on my visit) and (2) the best complimentary bubbles of any SEA lounge.

RaginPlainsman Feb 26, 2017 7:30 pm

The best lounge is one that will let you in the door, and for Priority Pass members that's been much harder to do lately at the AS Board Rooms. The new C Terminal Board Room will open soon and hopefully help, but if you're using PP have a backup plan.

More here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...b-c-space.html

doglover Feb 26, 2017 8:18 pm

If the Alaska club has NOT gone thru a major upgrade of late, the new Delta Lounge in Terminal A is the winner.

MSPeconomist Feb 26, 2017 8:34 pm

PP rules say that you just need some same day boarding pass, regardless of the airline.

The DL lounge at SEA is very nice. It's free to anyone with a regular AmEx Plat/Centurion charge card. If you have some other AmEx card, there is access available for about $28 per visit, but I'm not sure whether it's only for DL AmEx flying DL, DL AmEx flying any carrier, or any AmEx flying DL. IIRC you can also but a SC access pass on delta.dumb.

misterho Mar 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Do any of the Priority Pass lounges in SEA let you in if that is your arrival destination? I'm meeting a friend who lands later than I do, so would like to kill some time in the lounge, if possible.

Eastbay1K Mar 24, 2017 9:21 am

Originally Posted by misterho (Post 28078184)
Do any of the Priority Pass lounges in SEA let you in if that is your arrival destination? I'm meeting a friend who lands later than I do, so would like to kill some time in the lounge, if possible.

They all should, with your same day BP (and subject to the AS lounges actually letting people in).

notquiteaff Mar 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 27962910)
The DL lounge at SEA is very nice. It's free to anyone with a regular AmEx Plat/Centurion charge card.

If you have a Delta BP, as far as I recall.