Wiki Posts
Search

Need Portland Brewery Suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Need Portland Brewery Suggestions!

I'm super excited to be heading to Portland for the first time this weekend, but since my time is limited I'm trying to prioritize my to-do list. I definitely want to hit up some breweries/tasting rooms while I'm there, but the quantity of them is overwhelming. Are there any that stand out as a must do? Thank you!

(By the way, I pretty much like all beer, but anything unique, especially infusions would be a plus. For example, Ballast Point's habanero sculpin IPA is my current obsession here in San Diego. Yum!)
Old May 30, 2014, 6:36 pm

Will you be walking or driving?

My favorite s Cascade. They specialize in sour beers. Take a look at what's currently on tap at Breakside and Gigantic. Definitely try Hair of the Dog. Upright has some seriously tasty stuff as well. Let me know if you're looking for outside seating or good food or something like that.
Old May 30, 2014, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Perfect, thank you!!! I'll have a car, but obviously I'd rather not drink and drive, so the more that are walkable or Uberable (do you guys have Uber yet??) the better. I'm willing to drive somewhere if it's worth it though. And yes, would LOVE any outdoor seating and food recommendations! All I want to do is aat, drink, and hike to see waterfalls and pretty stuff. If I can find a way to do all three simultaneously, even better!
Old May 30, 2014, 9:28 pm

Sounds like my kind of weekend.

You could easily walk from Hair of the Dog to Cascade and then to Green Dragon. Cascade and GD have good outdoor areas. Apex also has a great patio but it will be busy.

Burnside Brewing is great for food. I'm hearing awesome reviews for Ecliptics food but haven't eaten there. A personal favorite of mine is a trip to Base Camp for a S'mores Stout and some Shwarma Fries. Yum!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
A second vote for Base Camp. Good beers and food trucks outside. Outdoor seating as well.

If you make it out to Hood River, Double Mountain has great beers. Full Sail is also a couple blocks away.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:28 pm

Bumping a 7-year-old thread, so my hopes aren't too high. Anybody have some more recent Portland brewery recommendations?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 11:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by solarbear
Bumping a 7-year-old thread, so my hopes aren't too high. Anybody have some more recent Portland brewery recommendations?
I was there in April and had a lovely visit to Von Ebert Brewing:

Just looking at that pretzel has me hungry again. Good selection, friendly staff, take away beers too, food menu and indoor and outdoor seating. Perfect spot.
solarbear and Marko123 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
No personal recommendations yet, but a buddy and I are planning a trip in a few weeks.
He found online lists of recommendations at www.beervanablog.com
We are planning on at least hitting Upright, Ecliptic, Breakside, Wayfinder and Rosenstadt.
solarbear likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.