Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Extended Hotel Stay in Seattle

Extended Hotel Stay in Seattle

Old May 24, 14, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Back to 0
Question Extended Hotel Stay in Seattle

My wife, dog, and I will be moving from DC to Seattle soon. The way it's looking, we'll need to be at an extended stay hotel in the Seattle area for about 45-60 days during our transition--there's going to be travel between coasts and a staggered move, complicating matters.

So far, nothing is jumping out at us: Larkspur Landing, Reflections at Marymoor, Marriott properties, and the like all seem like options.

Since this is going to be a sizable outlay, we'd like suggestions on a safe, comfortable, dog-friendly place near Bellevue for a good value that can accommodate us 3 for 45-60 days. (Since this is FT, I'd also like suggestions on maxing points, too.)

Thanks
Old May 25, 14, 2:23 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Look at airbnb.com Better options. Or Sheraton in Seattle (although I am not quite sure about the dog option).
Old May 25, 14, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ldsant View Post
Look at airbnb.com Better options. Or Sheraton in Seattle (although I am not quite sure about the dog option).
Thanks. Checking out AirBnB now (noob when it comes to that, but looks promising for our needs). Sheraton rates are $$$, though. The search continues...
Old May 25, 14, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Plat
For what it's worth, there is a gigantic dog park at Marymoor with big open fields, trails, and swimming (frankly, it's Disney for dogs). Also, there are fun concerts and events over the summer, so being around the corner from Marymoor Park might be kind of fun.
Old May 25, 14, 6:51 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Many apartment complexes do short term rentals. Some of them do furnished apartments. Have you looked at these options?
Old May 25, 14, 8:04 pm
In memoriam

I'm assuming you are moving for a job. Make sure to put the SET code in the Sheraton webpage it usually brings the $ down quite a bit. BTW - I am thrilled with the airbnb place I stayed at these last three weeks in Ecuador. One was fair but the other two have really been great. Also, I know this goes without saying but craigslist is pretty good for finding a temp place as well.
Old May 26, 14, 11:48 am
Original Poster

I'm assuming you are moving for a job. Make sure to put the SET code in the Sheraton webpage it usually brings the $ down quite a bit. BTW - I am thrilled with the airbnb place I stayed at these last three weeks in Ecuador. One was fair but the other two have really been great. Also, I know this goes without saying but craigslist is pretty good for finding a temp place as well.

Thanks for the tip--SET is proving to be more expensive than other rates, for some reason. The 40% off every other night promo seems like a good bet.

airbnb is coming in at ~1/2 the price of extended stay places, but there's slim pickings in the area. I hope this pans out.

...and I'm glad you enjoyed Ecuador!
Old May 26, 14, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chococat View Post
For what it's worth, there is a gigantic dog park at Marymoor with big open fields, trails, and swimming (frankly, it's Disney for dogs). Also, there are fun concerts and events over the summer, so being around the corner from Marymoor Park might be kind of fun.
Thanks. That's definitely affecting our algebra about picking a place.
Old May 29, 14, 9:55 pm
In memoriam

BTW - if you are working for MSFT or one of the other "big companies" they have internal sites that are open ONLY to their employees. Ask the recruiter if you can check those out now - a lot of good deals are there and the people have already been "vetted." Worth a shot. One other thing in Seattle is looking at Talus and Sammamish - really nice neighborhoods, very dog friendly, and good public transportation to Redmond. Finally, don't forget to use Zillow. Hope this helps!
Old May 29, 14, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

BTW - if you are working for MSFT or one of the other "big companies" they have internal sites that are open ONLY to their employees. Ask the recruiter if you can check those out now - a lot of good deals are there and the people have already been "vetted." Worth a shot. One other thing in Seattle is looking at Talus and Sammamish - really nice neighborhoods, very dog friendly, and good public transportation to Redmond. Finally, don't forget to use Zillow. Hope this helps!
Very helpful, thanks.

Looks like the winner is airbnb. We found a great place at a cheap rate, and it should be eligible for a Barclay Arrival+ travel redemption.

And, soon, the permanent house hunt begins...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: