FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pacific-northwest-759/)
-   -   A Place to Buy Lottery Tickets at SEA-TAC? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pacific-northwest/1487584-place-buy-lottery-tickets-sea-tac.html)

FCfree Jul 23, 2013 4:02 pm

A Place to Buy Lottery Tickets at SEA-TAC?

Does anyone know if there is a place to buy a POWERBALL or MEGAMILLIONS lottery ticket at the SEA airport?

It would appear that I arrive into SEA in the S terminal and depart out of the N terminal, after going through customs.

Thanks for any advice!

chococat Jul 23, 2013 4:58 pm

I vaguely recall seeing a yellow Washington Lottery vending machine last week in the A-terminal by the food court. You can take the train from S-terminal to the A-terminal (5 minutes) and then another train to the N-terminal. If you take the shuttle van from the S-terminal directly to the N-terminal, you'll bypass the main A-terminal.

djp98374 Jul 23, 2013 6:23 pm

I believe there is one in the central terminal. I don't know if those are just for scratch off tix.

You would pass by there if you take the train from S to A then walk through the central terminal where it would be along with shops, restaurants, and a food court....then walk to C or D and take the train to N.

FCfree Jul 24, 2013 6:48 am

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get a POWERBALL ticket, not a scratch ticket. For POWERBALL, you have to buy it from a person, not a vending machine.

chococat Jul 24, 2013 9:17 am

Originally Posted by FCfree (Post 21149562)
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get a POWERBALL ticket, not a scratch ticket. For POWERBALL, you have to buy it from a person, not a vending machine.

When the jackpot was ~$0.5 billion, I bought a Powerball ticket from a lottery vending machine in Seattle. It might be worth a look since some machines are configured to sell non-scratch tickets.

missydarlin Jul 24, 2013 12:01 pm

You can definitely buy powerball from certain vending machines

Tide_from_PAE Jul 26, 2013 9:53 am

Originally Posted by missydarlin (Post 21151282)

You can definitely buy powerball from certain vending machines

Powerball tickets are definitely sold in certain lottery vending machines in Washington. I seem to recall the machine near the restrooms in the central food court/terminal A in front of the restrooms and across from the bookstore selling tickets for each lottery game.

The Washington Lottery lists phone numbers for the five lottery sellers (three vending machines and two retailer terminals) located in the airport. Calling any of the listed phone numbers should quickly get you an answer.

FCfree Jul 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE (Post 21162020)
Powerball tickets are definitely sold in certain lottery vending machines in Washington. I seem to recall the machine near the restrooms in the central food court/terminal A in front of the restrooms and across from the bookstore selling tickets for each lottery game.

The Washington Lottery lists phone numbers for the five lottery sellers (three vending machines and two retailer terminals) located in the airport. Calling any of the listed phone numbers should quickly get you an answer.

Thanks. Found it on the WA Lottery web site. I had not seen the big money games sold from vending machines before. Seattle and WA must be more high tech than Denver and CO. :)

essxjay Aug 9, 2013 4:24 pm

I flew out of C Concourse in June and bought a PB ticket from a vending machine near the Made in Washington store in the Central Terminal [map]. The machine also dispenses WA Lotto, MegaMillions, Lucky Lines (or whatever it's called) as well as scratch offs.

Five10 Oct 31, 2022 4:17 pm

PowerBall tickets at SEA

Just purchased PowerBall tickets at a vending machine at gate N 20. They *may* be purchased at a machine; there are 7-8 places at SEA to purchase tickets ( www.WALottery.com ) Enter SEA zip code (98158) and there are 8 locations. HOWEVER, it is best to ask at magazine / book stores where the closest one might be to you and your location!