Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AeroMexico begins Toronto service March 3/09

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

AeroMexico begins Toronto service March 3/09

AeroMexico will be starting service from Mexico City to Toronto on March 3rd. The flights will be as follows:

AM 630 - Depart MEX @ 1745
Arrive YYZ @ 2315
AM 631 - Depart YYZ @ 0900
Arrive MEX @ 1300

Flights arrive/depart from Terminal 3 in YYZ and are operated with Boeing 737-700(?) aircraft.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Thank you for the information YYZ_Flyer. Great news!
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: Star Gold
I am flying this route on Y next week.
If you know of any trip reports or have any comments about your experience on this new MEX-YYZ-MEX service, please share!
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
MEX-YYZ down to 5x weekly

AM has cut service ex-MEX on We and Th so no YYZ-MEX service on Th and Fr. This is at least in mid Nov.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:23 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
AM has cut service ex-MEX on We and Th so no YYZ-MEX service on Th and Fr. This is at least in mid Nov.
This is probably in response to the recent changes in visa requirements for Mexican nationals.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davistev
This is probably in response to the recent changes in visa requirements for Mexican nationals.
Which has resulted in YUL service being cut down to 1x weekly later this month. Had my YYZ-MEX service CXLd now the YUL-MEX.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Once a week service

Might as well cancel the service completely than operate once a week...pretty much impractical for anybody except the odd vacationer going to spend a week with family. With AM code-sharing in ST with DL, must only be operating to maintain some sort of minimal route presence but undoubtedly at extremely low loads.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:01 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
JAL will terminate its YVR-MEX service, the current NRT-YVR-MEX service 2 weekly is due to be axed by end of March 2010.

Rgs,
Old Nov 3, 2009, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dunderhead
Might as well cancel the service completely than operate once a week...pretty much impractical for anybody except the odd vacationer going to spend a week with family. With AM code-sharing in ST with DL, must only be operating to maintain some sort of minimal route presence but undoubtedly at extremely low loads.
I would imagine the visa situation must have destroyed traffic, as well as the general economic malaise? Going via the U.S. would not be attractive to Mexican nationals as it's yet another visa they'll have to get (if they don't have one already).
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:51 pm

I would imagine the visa situation must have destroyed traffic, as well as the general economic malaise? Going via the U.S. would not be attractive to Mexican nationals as it's yet another visa they'll have to get (if they don't have one already).
All Mexican leisure travelers have a US visa - it's the one thing absolutely necessary if you're a Mexican citizen and you travel internationally (our geographic bad luck). Few people will get Canadian visas, as they're even more expensive than US ones, and there's nothing in Canada that you can't get in the US. I wouldn't be surprised to see all non-holiday links to Canada disappear completely.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Canada was apparently getting a fair number of (middle class) Mexican tourists who didn't want to go through the hassle of getting a U.S. visa. I imagine all that has disappeared with the visa requirement. How much do Mexicans have to pay? I imagine in the region of $125 (which is how much Chile charges for Canadians based on reciprocity).

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Nov 5, 2009 at 2:00 pm
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hardiwv
JAL will terminate its YVR-MEX service, the current NRT-YVR-MEX service 2 weekly is due to be axed by end of March 2010.
Looks like this route is being cut 2 months early. Terminates 18 January.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4599674/
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:57 pm

CHow much do Mexicans have to pay?
$150 CDN for multiple entry, half of that for single entry.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: Mexicana, Aeromexico, AA, Continental, Fiesta Americana, Mayan Palace, Priority Club
Canada was apparently getting a fair number of (middle class) Mexican tourists who didn't want to go through the hassle of getting a U.S. visa.
Many mexicans see the process to get a US visa as a caotic one, subject to the humor of the US agent. In comparision, the process to get a Canada visa is relatively ease. I own both documents, and I feel tired just thinking I have to renew my US visa in 2 years.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AM has cut YYZ service to 4x weekly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.