Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Allegiant announces new destination focus city: Williams Gateway in Phoenix/Mesa area

Allegiant announces new destination focus city: Williams Gateway in Phoenix/Mesa area

Old Jul 31, 2007, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Allegiant announced today it will create a new base at Williams Gateway Airport in Arizona.

The airline will base 2 aircraft there. Individual route announcements start next week with the first flights starting Oct 25.

Up to 13 cities will see flights to Williams. News reports quote Allegiant as saying they will be cities without flights to PHX. The reports also indicate Bellingham and Rockford likely will be 2 cities announced.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FATFlyer
Allegiant announced today it will create a new base at Williams Gateway Airport in Arizona.

The airline will base 2 aircraft there. Individual route announcements start next week with the first flights starting Oct 25.

Up to 13 cities will see flights to Williams. News reports quote Allegiant as saying they will be cities without flights to PHX. The reports also indicate Bellingham and Rockford likely will be 2 cities announced.
Now, if they would just start another base at Deer Valley Airport in North Phoenix and fly to Seattle's Boeing Field (i know, not gonna happen!), then I would fly Allegiant at least once a month.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I think that I would create some specific routes is from IWA:

PIA
CID
LAN
DSM
RFD
LAS
BLI

I preferable G4 will decide to get some routes from IWA. Let's hold my breath for which specific new routes.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:51 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
IWA makes Flyertalk.

I've kicked around thoughts on IWA for a while during my day job, which is very closely related. Bellingham and Gary/Chicago have had service until as recently as a few months ago when the carrier shut down. I want to say the only current service is the North Las Vegas flight, which isn't even daily.

Allegiant has been around for a while, so I'll see how their flights go. I honestly would prefer commuter feed into a hub (UAX to DEN/LAX, US to LAS, DL to SLC)------- all of those would have potential for a significant amount of local traffic. If places like Imperial and Yuma can support a commuter flight or two to LA, I'm sure Williams can, with its free (is it still) parking, proximity to the 202, and the crazy growth in Queen Creek.

But, given the point to point nature of Allegiant, I'd say that Chicagoland (with RFD being hungry for service) and SEAish do make sense. MSP would be my next target for the snowbird set. Frankly, there woujld be latent demand from a number of chilly midwestern spots like MKE or DTW. Dreaming a little, how about seasonal charter-type operations to/from Western Canada, a la Orlando/Sanford?
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Although most people refer to Williams as IWA, I understand they are switching to a new IATA code. For ticketing it will be AZA.

The IWA designator is assigned to an airport in Russia.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

G4 has another announcement new routes from IWA-RAP effective Nov. 21, 2007 and here the press releases from G4:

ALLEGIANT AIR ANNOUNCES NEW NONSTOP FLIGHTS FROM RAPID CITY TO PHOENIX FOR $69*
(Rapid City, S.D.)--- Rapid City, S.D. lands another hole-in-one with Allegiant Air as the low-cost airline announces it will offer nonstop service to Phoenix-Mesa, Ariz. from Rapid City beginning Nov. 21. The carrier will celebrate the convenient new service to Arizona with introductory fares as low as $69* each way.

"We are extremely pleased to again expand the Allegiant brand of low-fare, nonstop jet service to the Black Hills community," Maurice J. Gallagher, Jr., president, CEO of Allegiant Air said. "This is an exciting new addition for our airline and our customers as we launch the only scheduled service between Rapid City and Arizona. We would like to recognize the outstanding efforts and support shown by Mason Short and the airport board."

The self-proclaimed "Official Airline for Sunshine" will launch the new scheduled service from Rapid City Regional Airport to Williams Gateway Airport with two flights weekly. With service Wednesday and Saturday, flights will depart Rapid City at 7:55 p.m. arriving in Phoenix-Mesa at 9:25 p.m. Flights leaving Phoenix-Mesa will depart at 3:35 p.m. arriving in Rapid City at 7:15 p.m. (all flight times are local.) Allegiant inaugurated service to Las Vegas July 6, 2005.

With breathtaking scenery, endless sun, unmatched resorts and miles of world-class golf courses, Phoenix-Mesa is a gateway to all that Arizona has to offer, including the Grand Canyon, Scottsdale, Tempe and Sedona. Not only is the area considered "The Golf Capital of the World," but the "Resort Capital of the World" with numerous four and five-diamond resorts. These premier resort communities feature shopping, dining, spa, activities and luxury accommodations for the perfect getaway to Arizona's unique Southwestern hospitality.

"The Rapid City Regional Airport is thrilled to have low cost, nonstop service to Phoenix-Mesa," said Mason Short, Rapid City Regional Airport Executive Director. "Phoenix is the fourth most popular market at the Airport and this direct flight will make it even more popular. The traveling public of the Black Hills region has saved over $1 million in airfares to Vegas since Allegiant has started - we're looking forward to the same results from this market as well."

The airline commented market research and input from local community leaders indicate the Black Hills community will welcome the new nonstop flights and low fares to Phoenix-Mesa as an alternative to connecting flights and long drives to other airports. Allegiant will utilize 130-seat, MD-80 series, jet-aircraft on the route.

Allegiant will partner with more than 20 resorts in Arizona, including hotels in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa and Sedona and air/hotel packages are available for as low as $285*. (Price is per person, based on three-night hotel stay at the Days Inn Scottsdale Fashion Square Resort, double occupancy and reflects a Wednesday arrival through Dec. 31.) The company will provide low-cost car rental service through its partnership with Alamo Rent a Car.

Reservations may be made through the company's website at www.allegiantair.com, the airline's Reservations Center at 702-505-8888 or professional travel agents.

Allegiant's $69* one-way introductory fare is limited, not available on all flights and must be purchased by Sept. 15, 2007, for travel through Feb. 10, 2008. After the introductory fare period, regular one-way fares on the route start as low as $89 one-way.
http://www.allegiantair.com/aaNews20070813a.php

Thanks all!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:13 pm

The Allegiant website says they will announce a new route in about 48 hours of my post now.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
The Allegiant website says they will announce a new route in about 48 hours of my post now.
Yes, G4 will wait for another 8 or 9 hours left. After G4 will another announcement which specific routes from IWA or FLL. I will post it in the morning. Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:27 pm

Hey N830MH , happy birthday!!!!!!
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
Hey N830MH , happy birthday!!!!!!
Thanks! G4 has another more new routes from MSO-IWA goes on effective Oct. 26, 2007 and here the press releases from G4 for MSO-IWA:

http://www.allegiantair.com/aaNews20070816a.php

Thanks all!
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
Suite Deal!!! I have a 500 dollar bumped voucher for use on Allegiant and I live in so cal and was looking to use it, this will probabbly add more routes from Santa Maria???
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

G4 just announced another new cities from IWA-BLI goes effective October 27, 2007. I didn't get press releases from G4 last night. It would be restart another countdown in 2 more days left. G4 will have another new cities either IWA or FLL. I will find out which specific information from Allegiant Air. Thanks all!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.