Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit baggage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Spirit baggage

How strict is Spirit on their new baggage restrictions? I am traveling (family of 6) in June ACY-LAS, tickets were too good to pass up ($177 RT), but now I see all the weight/size restricitons, excess charges, etc. I have flown NK before, but never had bags looked at differently than any other carrier. Do they actually measure a soft-sided bag to see if it's under 62"?
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: NWA, Spirit, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Unless it's obviously over-sized no one will probably break out a tape-measure to check. We flew NK (and with NW and CO previously) with a bag that, by my measurements, comes in at 63 or 64 inches and never had anyone give it a second look.

The weight restrictions seem to be pretty much enforced... unless you happen to be at an airport that requires you to take your own bags to the TSA so you have the opportunity to put things back in that you had to take out.

Oh, and watch the scales... I saw one of NK's DTW scales bouncing between 2.5 and 3.0 pounds, with nothing on it. Wonder if they have to certify those things now that they use them to charge extra?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.