Wiki Posts
Search

Question/Aeromexico MR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2007, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
Question/Aeromexico MR?

Flying out of Orlando or Ft Lauderdale on Aeromexico to Mexico, is anyone aware of a good MR?
Old Feb 18, 2007, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I don't fly Skyteam, but I understand that AeroMexico has this promotion going

Aeromexico (a SkyTeam partner, Continental, Delta and Northwest etc.) has launched a 2-for-1 sale through Monday Feb. 19, for travel through Dec. 14, valid with BOTH Business and coach fares.
The Business Class fares amount to about what coach sells for (sometimes even less!).
The sale is good on Aeromexico from Austin, Boston, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Ontario, Orlando, Phoenix, San Antonio and San Diego. Again, travel on Aeromexico earns miles and elite credit with SkyTeam partners, including Continental, Delta and Northwest.
Fares must be booked over the phone: (800) 237-6639
Old Feb 18, 2007, 6:20 pm

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by worldcupfan
I don't fly Skyteam, but I understand that AeroMexico has this promotion going

Aeromexico (a SkyTeam partner, Continental, Delta and Northwest etc.) has launched a 2-for-1 sale through Monday Feb. 19, for travel through Dec. 14, valid with BOTH Business and coach fares.
The Business Class fares amount to about what coach sells for (sometimes even less!).
The sale is good on Aeromexico from Austin, Boston, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Ontario, Orlando, Phoenix, San Antonio and San Diego. Again, travel on Aeromexico earns miles and elite credit with SkyTeam partners, including Continental, Delta and Northwest.
Fares must be booked over the phone: (800) 237-6639
I'll look into this, but is the 2 for 1 on a single flight, or could I do something along the lines of 2x trips for myself that are JFK-MEX?
Assuming it has to all be on AM metal too..?
Old Feb 18, 2007, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As this doesn't really appear to be a true Mileage Run, but instead a poster looking for fare assistance to/from specific destinations. Normally, we would close this thread, but since worldcupfan posted some potentially useful information, I'm going to move this to the Other NA/SA Frequent Flyer Program forum - please continue discussion there.

Thanks!

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:17 am

Mileage runs from FLL/MCO/MIA are quite difficult, since those destinations are good money makers for AM and fares tend to be high (unless MX or AA start a fare war). If you want to do good mileage runs, you will have to live in Mexico, Guadalajara or Monterrey. I have been doing some Mileage runs with them and being an AM Gold (ST Elite) I get to upgrade on most of those flights, but finding bargain fares in AM is difficult. For example, I just paid US$180 all in for a MEX-TIJ-MEX (trip to SAN). I will earn 2,298 miles and since I am flying the B757, I always find availability in J (free upgrades), therefore, US$180 for flying business on a 3 hour flight and with AM's full service is quite a good deal!! Next time I will try to book my flight on the B777 MEX-TIJ just to experience its Clase Premier...

If you want mileage runs, I would suggest you look at DL!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.