LAN/e-ticket in S. America

Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:35 am
Original Poster

LAN/e-ticket in S. America

I am flying in different places in Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru using, throughout, e-tickets (single PNR) of diverse LAN companies. I was told that e-tickets are often met by astonishment at check-in, even in places as cosmopolitan as Buenos Aires. I this a founded rumour, and should I try to change the e-tickets into paper ones, or should I trust LAN and just stop worrying?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 2:19 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
I've flown on their e-tickets w/o a problem. I would suggest brining a printout of your reservation (including ticket #) with you just in case.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I've never had an issue travelling on Lan e-tickets, although most have been within Chile.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
I had trouble with an LAN Argentina e-ticket purchased online last year. Details in this thread.

Short version I purchased more than 6 months in advance, so they voided it all by themselves and I had to bug them several times to re-issue. If I'd just shown up at the airport in BsAs with the original confirmation I would have been out of luck.

Be sure that your e-ticket display on LAN.com does not show "void" under e-ticket status. You can have a confirmed and paid reservation but a void e-ticket if they pull this nonsense.

No problem at the airport actually using the e-ticket, once it had been properly re-issued. Still don't know why they couldn't issue a ticket for > 6 months out, nor why they allowed me to buy it online without saying that if they actually have that limitation.
Old May 4, 2007, 6:46 am
~B~

I was told by my TA that they still use paper tickets
Old May 10, 2007, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC*50K, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold
no problems from EZE-SCL-EZE

Printed my boarding passes at home and headed straight to the gate.. no problems in either cities, though I did have to request my miles be posted to my AA acount as they did not post automatically.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.