FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spirit-airlines-free-spirit-774/)
-   -   Free Spirit? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spirit-airlines-free-spirit/584123-free-spirit.html)

OrlandoAA Jul 28, 2006 11:24 am

Free Spirit?

Anyone joined Spirit's FF program. We are going to be booking a trip with them soon, and I do already have a free FF#, but they will upgrade your status if you get their credit card, plus give you 15,000 miles (good for 1 flight). Just not sure on an airline where you can frequently fly roundtrip for $120 if it is worth another credit card)

Texas Aug 1, 2006 7:02 pm

While you can get great deals at spiritair.com, not all tickets are $120 R/T and most consumers know to use the miles on the more expensive trips to maximize value.

The reason why you get the card is:

1. The annual fee is waived
2. You get 15K miles
3. You get upgraded in status
4. All miles count towards status, not just flight miles
5. NO blackouts, I repeat, NO blackouts
6. Award seats are available on every flight
7. Spirit is the largest LCC in the Caribbean, a great place to burn miles
8. Spirit has the youngest Airbus fleet in the Americas
9. If you are one of the top ten flyers you get a free trip for you and a guest
10. If you are the top mileage earner each year they name a plane after you

The real question is why would you carry any other card.
:)

OrlandoAA Aug 2, 2006 7:42 am

It is funny, because I did sign up the other day, and then I came back hear just to read out of curiousity. I agree. Especially living in Florida, Spirit is a blessing. It has been a while since I did a lot of travelling, and I'm just getting back into it now that my baby is a little older. Looking forward to popping over to the Bahamas for a weekend soon.

Originally Posted by Texas
While you can get great deals at spiritair.com, not all tickets are $120 R/T and most consumers know to use the miles on the more expensive trips to maximize value.

The reason why you get the card is:

1. The annual fee is waived
2. You get 15K miles
3. You get upgraded in status
4. All miles count towards status, not just flight miles
5. NO blackouts, I repeat, NO blackouts
6. Award seats are available on every flight
7. Spirit is the largest LCC in the Caribbean, a great place to burn miles
8. Spirit has the youngest Airbus fleet in the Americas
9. If you are one of the top ten flyers you get a free trip for you and a guest
10. If you are the top mileage earner each year they name a plane after you

The real question is why would you carry any other card.
:)

patti Aug 4, 2006 6:46 am

annual fee waived for card?

Where can I find the offer to have the annual fee waived fof the credit card as I only saw an offer with a $39 annual fee last time I checked? Thank you.

OrlandoAA Aug 5, 2006 9:18 am

It seems to be standard now. Just check their website again.

SlowTrekker Aug 28, 2006 12:27 pm

It'll be even nicer when you can actually REDEEM award tickets, they haven't enabled that function yet. (Which is yet another good reason why this fledgling program isn't deemed worthy of it's own FT forum yet.)