SOT: Sunwing Adds YXU-YHZ and YXU-YVR

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:54 am
Original Poster

SOT: Sunwing Adds YXU-YHZ and YXU-YVR

http://www.flysunwing.ca/flybetter/PressReleases.asp

(ONTARIO – MARCH 17, 2006) – Sunwing Airlines and London International Airport announced today that Sunwing Airlines will be offering non-stop flights from London to both Halifax and Vancouver.
These programs will operate on Sunwing Airlines 189 seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

LONDON TO HALIFAX

Two weekly flights departing Tuesdays & Fridays from June 23 to September 15

LONDON TO VANCOUVER

Two weekly flights departing Mondays & Thursdays from June 22 to September 14

Airfares to Halifax are $149 and to Vancouver are $249.

“This new direct service will provide affordable travel options and will greatly benefit travelers to and from London and our region of Southwestern Ontario. “The direct service is a new opportunity to travel coast to coast from London with low cost service,” “Sunwing has operated a very successful program to Cuba and the Dominican Republic over the past three years and is rated as one of our best airlines in customer service surveys” said Steve Baker, President, London International Airport.

Passenger volumes at the London International Airport increased by 24% in 2005 and have increased by 12% in 2006.

Stephen Hunter, Sunwing Airlines Chief Operating Officer stated “We are very excited to launch this new service from London to Halifax and Vancouver. This enables us to provide a year-round commitment to the region of Southwestern Ontario.”

Sunwing Airlines flights are available through professional Travel Agents or at www.flysunwing.com
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Baker's announcement on the radio this morning said the flights will operate YVR-YXU-YHZ and return.

Schedules are as follows
Eastbound Tues/Fri
Dep YVR 0025
Arr YXU 745
Dep YXU 835
Arr YHZ 1145

Westbound Mon/Thurs
Dep YHZ 1905
Arr YXU 2035
Dep YXU 2125
Arr YVR 2325
Old May 25, 2006, 6:06 pm

Some friends have booked this carrier YVR-YHZ for mid-July, as it was the cheapest at $250 base pp, each way. Does anyone have any experience on Sunwing, or in particular on their newly-acquired 738? It's supposed to have leather seats & free hot-mealls & champagne. ?
Old May 26, 2006, 11:09 pm

Programs: several
I think I heard that they might be wet-leasing a 757 or something from North American Airlines, the charter outfit out of JFK, but I thought it was just for a month or two.
Old May 27, 2006, 1:35 pm

I think I heard that they might be wet-leasing a 757 or something from North American Airlines, the charter outfit out of JFK, but I thought it was just for a month or two.
I can't confirm whether this is true or not but I heard from a coworker that they were leasing an aircraft to fly Canada-Europe this summer. Don't know what type of aircraft or to/from where your rumor might be true.

Does anyone have any experience on Sunwing, or in particular on their newly-acquired 738?
I believe the seating on the 737-800 aircraft is at max 189 seat capacity, so seating isn't going to be as comfortable as AC or WS.
Old May 29, 2006, 10:33 am

Info for Wardair

I flew Sunwing to Cancun last month. Having researched the seat pitch on their Boeing 737-800's I chose to pay $25 each way for advanced seat selection within the first 5 rows in the cabin, which have more leg room than the rest of the seats. My friend didn't pay for the extra leg room down was was uncomfortable as he is a tall person but paid on the way back and didn't regret spending that extra $25.

As for the meal service: superb! Champagne just after take off, wine with meals, which for airplane food was quite tasty...all complimentary! Very nice! :-:
Old May 29, 2006, 10:48 am

[QUOTE=Hypnotize]I can't confirm whether this is true or not but I heard from a coworker that they were leasing an aircraft to fly Canada-Europe this summer. Don't know what type of aircraft or to/from where your rumor might be true.

[QUOTE]

You can search the CTA rulings for all Wetleases. There are at least two for Sunwing but not for Europe. North American Airlines for the Dominican Republic flights and Flair Airlines for Cuba flights. They are both just for a few weeks though. Presumable until they have their own aircraft and crew available.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 4:32 am

Programs: several
relevant story:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Business/510335.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.