Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Porter Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Nexus
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
I have flown Porter to Toronto before, but never beyond.

In early June I am taking them all the way to YYT on a flight that makes multiple stops along the way.

Routing: EWR-YTZ-YOW-YHZ-YYT

Has anyone taken flight 225/222 and have any experience on the stops?

Thanks.
I flew them YYT-YHZ-YUL-YTZ. You remain on board the aircraft and the stops are not that long. It's a long travel time as compared to the non stop flights. Our toilet broke in YHZ so they took an hour to fix it which made us miss the curfew at Toronto Island so we landed in Hamilton.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question Pd & iropps

1st time PD flyer. PD 221 cancelled today due to no captain. After 2 h on hold for IROPPS alternatives, PD declined to:
- endorse the tix. (firm) to another carrier i.e. AC, citing condtions of carriage;
- re-route outbound to a nearby airport i.e. YFC, instead of YSJ. NB Both ariports have a waiver on due to flooding!
Have heard that PD does not adhere to industry standards. But the only options offered (fly tomorrow, take a refund) are not on. Am I missing something?
Old May 16, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
PD doesn't interline with AC/WS. These are their only interline partners: https://www.flyporter.com/en/about-p...rline-partners

Not sure what you mean by "industry standards", but without an interline agreement they can't endorse their tickets to those carriers - the systems aren't connected and they don't have an agreement to accept each others' tickets. They'd have to buy a ticket, the same as you would. They're obligated to put you on the next flight or refund your money.

As the cancellation was their fault, they may be obligated to get you a hotel room/meals and I would push for those to be reimbursed. Or do you have travel insurance? One of your credit cards might have a flight delay policy.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by labrador_ice
I flew them YYT-YHZ-YUL-YTZ. You remain on board the aircraft and the stops are not that long. It's a long travel time as compared to the non stop flights. Our toilet broke in YHZ so they took an hour to fix it which made us miss the curfew at Toronto Island so we landed in Hamilton.
Thanks for the info. I know its the longer route, but I am looking forward to the experience.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by oopsz
PD doesn't interline with AC/WS. These are their only interline partners: https://www.flyporter.com/en/about-p...rline-partners

Not sure what you mean by "industry standards", but without an interline agreement they can't endorse their tickets to those carriers - the systems aren't connected and they don't have an agreement to accept each others' tickets. They'd have to buy a ticket, the same as you would. They're obligated to put you on the next flight or refund your money.

As the cancellation was their fault, they may be obligated to get you a hotel room/meals and I would push for those to be reimbursed. Or do you have travel insurance? One of your credit cards might have a flight delay policy.
Code share and partnerships are different from interline. What they are talking about there on their page are code shares - they have co-numbered flights that they sell tickets on each other. Interlineing is about issuing tickets - for instance irops - to be able to book a passenger on another airline without forcing that passenger to have to go book it themselves. However yes these do have to be set up and not all airlines interline with each other.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:56 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Code share and partnerships are different from interline. What they are talking about there on their page are code shares - they have co-numbered flights that they sell tickets on each other. Interlineing is about issuing tickets - for instance irops - to be able to book a passenger on another airline without forcing that passenger to have to go book it themselves. However yes these do have to be set up and not all airlines interline with each other.
Correct per ExpertFlyer PD (Porter) only has interline ticketing agreements with: B6 (Jetblue), EK (Emirates), FI (Icelandair), LY (El Al), S4 (SATA).
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Flew PD MDW-YTZ; 6 hour mechanical, kept saying the plane would go... it didn't but the last flight inbound, they used to to replace that one but it landed in YHM 7 hours late. GA refused to put pax on an earlier flight (I got hte call center to do it) and thank goodness as we landed atYTZ ...

a whopping $100 CAD for the inconvenience. its going to be tough for me to justify using them for anything other than YUL.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:49 am

Has anyone with Pre✓ departed from BOS recently? Just wondering if it's only available at the central security checkpoint vs. the small one on the right as you enter Terminal E.

EDIT: After looking at the TSA's schedule information for Pre✓-enabled checkpoints, I'm now wondering if it's even available in Terminal E regardless of checkpoint ... only terminals A and C are listed.

Last edited by Dodge DeBoulet; Jun 10, 2018 at 5:58 am
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Pre✓ available in Terminals A, B, and C. Not sure if C and E are connected airside.

As more and more international airlines are Pre✓ eligible, I would think E should get Pre✓ eventually.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Pre✓ available in Terminals A, B, and C. Not sure if C and E are connected airside.

As more and more international airlines are Pre✓ eligible, I would think E should get Pre✓ eventually.
I was actually thinking of using terminal C since E and C are actually connected airside, but there are times (like very late at night into early morning*) when they're closed off from each other. I'm on a 6:20am flight to YTZ tomorrow, and I'm just trying to figure out if it makes more sense go through C than use regular security at E. The "Porter Checkpoint" at the right end of the terminal has been pretty quick no matter when I've used it, but I haven't been on 6am Porter flight yet and don't know how busy E's main checkpoint is between 5-6am (in the event the "Porter Checkpoint" isn't open).

* On one B6 flight out of BOS last year, I elected to park in the E lot. On my return flight's arrival @ BOS Terminal C, I figured it would be quicker to walk to E to exit only to find that I couldn't get landside due to the exits being closed.

Last edited by Dodge DeBoulet; Jun 10, 2018 at 9:41 am Reason: clarity
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:59 am

Ok, so don't bother to use terminal C at BOS if you have Pre✓. The scanners there will reject your boarding pass and you'll need to go through regular security. At 5:15am on a Monday the regular line is insane, so I walked to terminal E. E has an "expedited" program where you at least get to keep your shoes on, but that's it. No Pre✓ lane or access to the elite/1st lane. Fortunately E is pretty quiet at 5:30am, so I was through in plenty of time.

Oh, and the small checkpoint to the right and down the stairs as you enter terminal E departures doesn't open until 2pm.

Last edited by Dodge DeBoulet; Jun 11, 2018 at 7:57 am Reason: grammar and spelling
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Gate-check bag fee risk?

I'm trying to figure out how this carry-on bag rule works in practice:

Onboard the aircraft, all carry-on baggage must be stowed under the seat or in the overhead compartments. Porter may require that an item of carry-on baggage travel as checked luggage if the bag cannot be safely stowed in the cabin.
My rolling luggage meets the size requirements, maybe even the weight requirements for the three-night trip I'm planning out of IAD in late May, but there's no way it fits overhead on a Q400. It will fit underneath a seat, but then the seat behind had better stay vacant. So will they gate-check the bag for free--meaning I should eat the $22 extra a Standard fare would cost over Basic--or will they not, meaning I should buy a Basic fare and eat the checked-bag fee on that?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Porter has announced service to YQA this summer. For those wondering, that's Muskoka, Ontario. I had to look it up myself.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Porter has announced service to YQA this summer. For those wondering, that's Muskoka, Ontario. I had to look it up myself.
I'll be on the inaugural flight on this route. Its a 3 year commitment by Porter hopefully expanding service if its successful.
As far as I understand at least some seats on every flight this year have been sold already.
Heffeh41 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by DCA writer
I'm trying to figure out how this carry-on bag rule works in practice:

My rolling luggage meets the size requirements, maybe even the weight requirements for the three-night trip I'm planning out of IAD in late May, but there's no way it fits overhead on a Q400. It will fit underneath a seat, but then the seat behind had better stay vacant. So will they gate-check the bag for free--meaning I should eat the $22 extra a Standard fare would cost over Basic--or will they not, meaning I should buy a Basic fare and eat the checked-bag fee on that?
Curious to hear of your experience. That fee for carry-on is evil.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.