Porter Airlines

Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Policy on check in is appalling. Deliberate misrepresentation that plane is full and nothing remains but Premium Seats in order to induce you to pay, after stating in email that a seat has been reserved for you. Waste of mine and agent's time to learn this. Leaves a very sour taste. Fly YTZ-YUL very regularly and I am going back to AC and won't be giving PD another chance for a long time. I hate dirty tricks.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question samd day change fee on Rapidair routs

[QUOTE If I were flying AC, US or UA I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be and I will make a different decision with respect to carrier next time.[/QUOTE]

I am confused. Doesn't AC allow same day standby on its Rapidair flights (incl. NY)?

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/090914.html

ps Delta also waives same day change fee!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:39 am
21A

how good are these fares?

The current PD Halloween sale has $96 AI EWR-YTZ, $118 BOS-YTZ. I'll be taking one of these two routes in late January and I don't know this market very well. Is this a deal to jump on ASAP, or are we likely to see something better come along between now and January?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 21A
The current PD Halloween sale has $96 AI EWR-YTZ, $118 BOS-YTZ. I'll be taking one of these two routes in late January and I don't know this market very well. Is this a deal to jump on ASAP, or are we likely to see something better come along between now and January?
I don't think you will find better. Look at return rate, EWR-YTZ is far cheaper than YTZ-EWR when you have to pay Navcan, airport tax, Us immigration and custom fees.
I would say book it if you are sure to fly it but otherwise I would be surprise if the rate doesn't come back.
And don't forget luggage fees is you check bag.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:48 am
21A

Originally Posted by 21A
Incidentally, I did book EWR at 96 ai and after jumping back to 112 for a while it's now down to 85. Also, I discovered something I don't think has been mentioned here which is that PD does fare drop credits! Open the reservation and go through the change flights process, selecting the same flight: there will be no change fee and you get a credit in your VIPorter account for future use.

Yapta doesn't seem to support PD, so I recommend Kayak fare alerts to keep an eye on things.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:11 am

Found YUL-YQM on ITA, for $55!!! Base fare is $0. LOL
https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...3-YOWYQM0PD253

It seems impossible to book, though. Any thoughts on a discreet Travel Agent that might help?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:07 pm

Porter has stopped publishing load factors. The last numbers available on their press releases webpage are for March 2013.

Now I'm afraid that their numbers may be very bad.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: Independent
What gate(s) does Porter use out of Logan (BOS)
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:54 pm

Porter flights depart Terminal E. They had usually been using Gate E2A, but appears that they may be using E3A more regularly now.

Terminal E handles most international airlines at BOS. As late afternoon into the evening is the peak departure times, you'll want to give yourself a bit of extra time to clear security. Things are generally less congested for the morning departures.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Does a Porter "weather advisory" mean that I can change my flight to a day earlier sans fees? I'm supposed to fly Wednesday am BOS-YTZ in the middle of what are supposed to be 50 mph winds and 6 inches of snow. The weather advisory covers that day but the website says nothing about change fees.

"Passengers are encouraged to check flight status details below and make inquiries about flight changes, based on availability, by phoning the Porter call centre at 1-888-619-8622, weekdays from 5:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, and weekends from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET. Please be patient as high call volumes may cause longer than average wait times."

Gee. Thanks. It would be helpful to know what the rules are so that I know what to expect when someone finally picks up the phone. Has anyone dealt with this before? Any advice for trying to get confirmed for a flight 12 hours earlier for free? Thanks.

ETA: Was able to move my flight up a day for free. Now lets hope my new flight goes out on time.

Last edited by bennytma; Mar 24, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:03 am

Porter will be charging for domestic checked baggage starting May 14. https://www.flyporter.com/Travel/Bag...owance-Checked
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by firequall
Porter will be charging for domestic checked baggage starting May 14. https://www.flyporter.com/Travel/Bag...owance-Checked
Definitely not impressed by that !
You will really need to have your free beer to continue to fly them...
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:09 pm

:-(

And I believe the chart is not even correct. "25-28.25". Shouldn't that be 28.75? NS has 15% HST, PEI has 14%.

Thanks to firequall for posting that. I had already started to make plans for flying the recently announced Summer route from YHZ to YJT (Stepehenville, NL). But I'm not willing to pay another $57 on top for my suitcase. Bad news for Budget at YJT, too, as I'm not going to rent their car after all. You see, Porter is saving me a lot of money! :-)

BTW, would anyone here know what the Porter plane is doing in YJT? Any charters there? If I read the flight plan correctly, they arrive at YJT on Saturdays at 18:35 and leave on Sundays at 9:30. That is a ~15 h gap. Must be a W pattern of some sort, no?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cloudship
What gate(s) does Porter use out of Logan (BOS)
In my experience E2B
Old May 13, 2014, 1:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Very plesant experience on PG

I flew Porter last weekend for my first time from YTZ-IAD. The experience as a whole was very pleasant. YTZ is ridiculously simple to use. The ferry ride is fun and it's easy to find when walking from downtown. Security was a breeze and the gate lounge area is very pleasant, though it does need more outlets. They had cookies and almonds as well as free coffee, tea, water and soda.

The flight was also nice, good crew, comfortable plane (or as comfortable as a DH4 can be) and serving two types of snacks (chips and a cookie) and drinks in a real glass was a really nice touch. As a bonus, the VIPorter points posted next day. I'd gladly fly them again ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.