Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Longes & Such...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2004, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

On Lounges & Such...

Does anyone know if there is a VARIG or other Star Alliance Business lounge in SCL (Santiago) of EZE (Buenos Aires)?

Thanks,

Last edited by WindBeneathMyWings; Oct 29, 2004 at 3:08 pm Reason: spelling...oops!
Old Oct 29, 2004, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA Prem Ex, NW Gold
There are no Star Alliance lounges in SCL. If you're Star Gold, Varig will give you a pass to access another airline's club (or at least they did when I was living there earlier in the year and travelled regularly on Varig between SCL and GIG). You won't be able to access it if you're not on Varig and Star Gold. In EZE, though, there's a United RCC. Don't know about others.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ralphshenkis
There are no Star Alliance lounges in SCL. If you're Star Gold, Varig will give you a pass to access another airline's club (or at least they did when I was living there earlier in the year and travelled regularly on Varig between SCL and GIG). You won't be able to access it if you're not on Varig and Star Gold. In EZE, though, there's a United RCC. Don't know about others.
Thanks for the info.

I'll be flying on Air Canada, so it looks as though I am out of luck!
Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:15 am

Programs: SK*G
Bump!

Any change in this situation? I am going to SCL with AC for Christmas... No lounge for Star Alliance Golds flying economy?
Old Aug 12, 2005, 4:52 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
As of last month Varig was using AA's Admirals Club as their lounge for premium customers.

If you're a Diners Club member you have another lounge to relax, free of charge.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by morradi
Bump!

Any change in this situation? I am going to SCL with AC for Christmas... No lounge for Star Alliance Golds flying economy?
Me thinks not. As discussed above, RG uses the AA club. The airport has the AA club, a DL club, a Pacific Club (DC-affiliated, and offers pay per use at approx CL$10.000), the LA Neruda lounge (Premium and elite one world pax), and LA Mistral lounge (pay per use - don't know the fee). I've never been in the Mistral lounge, but if they have the same wine and spirit selection as the Neruda lounge, it is worth a $20+ fee.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 11:35 pm

Programs: CO Gold
As of last month the LH lounge was the LanChile lounge. They give you a pass at check in if you are in C class (don't know about *G as well, but probably)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.