Mexicana sucks [email protected]#$%^&

Old Nov 11, 03, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Mexicana sucks [email protected]#$%^&

I have been trying for more than a month now to transfer my Frecuenta points to Hilton. No Luck!!!

This is what I was told by a Mexicana Frecuenta CSR today:

"Currently we are not doing ANY transfers out of Mexicana, neither hotels nor any partners".

Has anyone else also faced a similar problem recently, and what is the solution???. Is there any escalation path..history..experience???

Reading other posts, it appears that Mexicana is about to jump ship from *A. I dont have enough points for a free flight, but I really really need those HHonors points for Hawaii.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old Nov 11, 03, 3:31 pm

I would call up, and then call again... i find huge inconsistency with what one MX Frecuenta CSR will say and others... But regardless, if they don't transfer and have not resigned an agreement with HHonors, I think you'll be out of luck unless you fly, credit hotel points, etc to them in order to get a flight award.

Even still without a flight the old rule was you couldn't transfer non flight points to HHonors.

Also be aware points on MX do expire.

I actually make it a point only to credit my flights with MX, I have heard stories about many hotel stay points which just don't post... and car rentals are limited to north america I believe...

[This message has been edited by kawoh (edited November 11, 2003).]
Old Nov 12, 03, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks kawoh,

Yes, I surely plan to call them again and again. Surprisingly tho, one of the CSR mentioned that they will extend the life of points till 2006. In fact she claimed that she has done it already.

Incidently, all the points I have are flight points from other *A flights I took in 2000/01.

Lets see what happens.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kawoh:
I would call up, and then call again... i find huge inconsistency with what one MX Frecuenta CSR will say and others... But regardless, if they don't transfer and have not resigned an agreement with HHonors, I think you'll be out of luck unless you fly, credit hotel points, etc to them in order to get a flight award.

Even still without a flight the old rule was you couldn't transfer non flight points to HHonors.

Also be aware points on MX do expire.

I actually make it a point only to credit my flights with MX, I have heard stories about many hotel stay points which just don't post... and car rentals are limited to north america I believe...

[This message has been edited by kawoh (edited November 11, 2003).]
</font>
Old Nov 18, 03, 2:42 am

Any news on cashing Mexicana miles to HHonors points? I have some Mexicana miles that I might like to unload that way, if that's still an option.
Old Nov 18, 03, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Clickin'Guy:
Any news on cashing Mexicana miles to HHonors points? I have some Mexicana miles that I might like to unload that way, if that's still an option.</font>
Looks like it is moving again. I am told today by Mexicana CSR responsible for HHonors xfer that she has processed it and it should take about a week.

I'll check next week and keep you posted.

Cheers!!
Old Nov 20, 03, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Alaska, ANA, JAL
I was told by Mexicana today that the HH transfer option cannot be done. Contract is under renewal. My guess is that Mexicana-Hilton transfer relationship is/will be over.
Old Dec 8, 03, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Finally,

My Mexicana points have showed up in Hilton account. Must have happenned over the last couple days.

However, only flight miles were transferred and not any bonus miles that Mexicana may have given in the past.

Good Luck!!!
Old Dec 9, 03, 2:14 pm

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Finally, on a another problem (geting my hiltons stays dredited with their bonus on my mexicana plan) I got some success this month, after 2 recommanded mails, et many complains, a lot of them by e-mail.

It seems to me that the people of Hiltondo not really have any posssibility to make pressure on Mexicana Frecuenta people.

Mexicana is not really a good program. You need to fight with them everytime;...