AeroMexico Award Tickets Refunds

Old Jan 21, 23, 10:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Question AeroMexico Award Tickets Refunds

https://aeromexico.com/en-us/flying-...m/award-ticket

This is very confusing, because there are "Club Premier Award Tickets", "SkyTeam® Award Tickets" and "Dynamic-Fare Award Tickets". Does anyone have any real-world experience with this?

For "Club Premier Award Tickets"
For Award Tickets purchased on or after September 17, 2020, if the Club Premier Member requests Club Premier to cancel their Award Ticket after a period of 24 (twenty-four) hours from the redemption of the Award Ticket, they will be charged the following cancellation fees: Cancellation Fees for Award Tickets: The cancellation fee for Award Tickets will be $1,930.00 (one thousand nine hundred and thirty pesos 00/100 Mexican Currency) for domestic flights and $2,900.00 (two thousand nine hundred pesos 00/100 Mexican Currency) for flights to and from abroad.
For "SkyTeam® Award Tickets"
SkyTeam® Award Tickets will be refundable, provided the trip has not started.
For "Dynamic-Fare Award Tickets" (after the 24 hour grace)
​​​​​​​Once the aforementioned period has elapsed, Dynamic-Fare Award Tickets operated by Aeromexico cannot be subject to cancellation or reimbursement.
So, looking at MEX-LAX, AM metal, I assume it's not a SkyTeam ticket, so is this a "Club Premier Award Ticket" or a "Dynamic-Fare Award Ticket" I'm talking about the 36,000 J fare, which is the orange column. I'm guessing it's a "Club Premier Award Ticket" since it's reimbursable with cost? Assuming that's the case, the cost is about $3000, which is a little more than the taxes, so do they just charge the difference or do I lost the taxes and pay the fee?

Old Jan 24, 23, 8:19 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
So I had the misfortune of dealing with this about a month ago. Booked a multi-leg trip (MEX-PVR-JFK) in J. Had to change the PVR-JFK leg by one day. They wanted $15k MXN to do that.
Because I was in the 24 hour period, I cancelled the ticket. They only credited back a small portion of my points. (there were two legs, one at 79k and one at 49k. They only put back the 49, I am fighting about the 79k)

I was not charged anything that I can see..
Old Jan 24, 23, 8:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by RFNJ View Post
So I had the misfortune of dealing with this about a month ago. Booked a multi-leg trip (MEX-PVR-JFK) in J. Had to change the PVR-JFK leg by one day. They wanted $15k MXN to do that.
Because I was in the 24 hour period, I cancelled the ticket. They only credited back a small portion of my points. (there were two legs, one at 79k and one at 49k. They only put back the 49, I am fighting about the 79k)

I was not charged anything that I can see..
Thanks. It just seems like it would be a battle no matter what.
RFNJ likes this.

Search this Thread