Wiki Posts
Search

AM Lounge MEX T2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:06 am
Original Poster

AM Lounge MEX T2

Hi folks,

First time flying AM from CDG - GRU via MEX in Business Class.

I've checked out a few reviews of the lounge in T2, and just a little confused about the food situation. Some say the food is good (and free) although i've also seen a few reviews where people have to access a paid menu via QR Code for hot foods. What is the current state of play?

Thx
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by 108912
Hi folks,

First time flying AM from CDG - GRU via MEX in Business Class.

I've checked out a few reviews of the lounge in T2, and just a little confused about the food situation. Some say the food is good (and free) although i've also seen a few reviews where people have to access a paid menu via QR Code for hot foods. What is the current state of play?

Thx
Hi

AM lounge catering has been changed since 2020

The free part has been reduced , so bit less choice than usual , only basic food snacks + drink

They have introduced more elaborated/complex food but you need to pay

The menu changes depending on the time of the day

I took few pixs from my last trip in winter 2021/2022

I was there only for breakfast time so i cant share more

Prices are in mexican pesos

Last time i went there i took chilaquiles , thats how it looks

Hope it answer your questions

How you managed to find CDG-MEX-GRU nowadays ? They sell those tickets at crazy prices , and not always available cause of 20h layover between flights
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Thankyou so much for the detailed information!

LOL I found a J class deal BCN-CDG-MEX(AF)-GRU(AM) in J on AM stock for GBP480 one way and couldn't resist. The transit time in MEX is 3hr25min so not too bad.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Thankyou so much for the detailed information!

LOL I found a J class deal BCN-CDG-MEX(AF)-GRU(AM) in J on AM stock for GBP480 one way and couldn't resist. The transit time in MEX is 3hr25min so not too bad.
Note that you will have to go through immigration and customs for your transit, so your lounge time might be quite limited. Also, AF is in T1 and AM in T2 so you will have to take a landside train between the terminals. I am not sure if you'll need to retrieve and re-drop your luggage.
108912 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Thankyou so much for the detailed information!.

LOL I found a J class deal BCN-CDG-MEX(AF)-GRU(AM) in J on AM stock for GBP480 one way and couldn't resist.
Ohh thats a good price ,if under AM stock/paper you might be able to get a big amount of miles into your skyteam FFP.

These "Europe <-> MEX <-> South America" routings with AM are good spot for mileage runs

if CDG to MEX is with AF you are less likely to have troubles . However beware of changes regarding your MEX-GRU , it is a single daily route , and your 3h25 minutes layover might become 27h25 minutes , and dont expect anything like rerouting , compensation , hotel or whatsoever if something goes wrong cause AM is famous for not giving a f*%k in case of disruptions

The transit time in MEX is 3hr25min so not too bad.
Yes , 3h is the minimum i recommend for any transit in MEX (unless you arrive from domestic flight)

With AF you will have either the noon or afternoon flight , the best is afternoon flight cause its a b787 and you will arrive after evening's rush hours at immigration

Eastbay1K is right about time in lounge and switching terminals , there is no dedicated transit path between both terminals so you will need to clear immigration , go landside and take the skytrain, so beware of liquids (even if purchased in dutyfree during your journey and sealed in a bag)

For luggages , there is a luggage drop-off dedicated to AFKL customers transiting further with AM , but when i was there last winter it wasnt working , no idea how is situation now

So dont forget to ask at check-in or while in transit before going landside
108912 likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Jul 25, 2022 at 5:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.