Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Does Allegiant make you check a 20" Hard Sided Suitcase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:43 am
Original Poster

or can you use that as a carry-on?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:57 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Jimbo3
or can you use that as a carry-on?
If it fits the 22x14x9 sizer, it is definitely a go for a carry-on, as there is no restriction on hard-sided suitcases. If it doesn't fit, then you are at the mercy of the gate agent. My SO who is an Allegiant FA, replied that lazy gate agents will occasionally let through bags that are so big they don't fit in the overheads, so YMMV.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tino
If it fits the 22x14x9 sizer, it is definitely a go for a carry-on, as there is no restriction on hard-sided suitcases. If it doesn't fit, then you are at the mercy of the gate agent. My SO who is an Allegiant FA, replied that lazy gate agents will occasionally let through bags that are so big they don't fit in the overheads, so YMMV.
Thanks for the info, do you or anyone else know if the Airport PIE in Clearwater has jet bridges or does everyone enter the Allegiant Airplanes by walking on the Tarmac and then up a ramp?
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jimbo3
Thanks for the info, do you or anyone else know if the Airport PIE in Clearwater has jet bridges or does everyone enter the Allegiant Airplanes by walking on the Tarmac and then up a ramp?
I don't think PIE has ever had jet bridges. Allegiant usually uses ground-level boarding using ramps at stations without jetways.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:25 pm
Original Member

PIE has jet bridges at Gates 4 and 5 (out of 11 total gates), and they are not prioritized even in inclement weather. Plan accordingly.
jjbiv and csufabel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.