FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other North and South American Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines-472/)
-   -   Aeromexico Premier Light - What to Expect (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines/2085160-aeromexico-premier-light-what-expect.html)

gsupstate Jun 30, 2022 4:20 pm

Aeromexico Premier Light - What to Expect

We bought Clase Premier tickets in August for ORD-LAP, connecting at MEX. Both legs (both directions) are 738, but on the flights between MEX/LAP, the seating is different and labeled Premier Light. I understand that it's in coach seats with middle seats blocked, as it appears to be an all-coach configured a/c. Would onboard service still be to the Premier standard otherwise?

fifty_two Jul 4, 2022 3:44 am

Originally Posted by gsupstate (Post 34385227)
We bought Clase Premier tickets in August for ORD-LAP, connecting at MEX. Both legs (both directions) are 738, but on the flights between MEX/LAP, the seating is different and labeled Premier Light..... Would onboard service still be to the Premier standard otherwise?

Premier light is the term used for restricted business class fares ,maybe i am wrong , but i dont expect it will change anything about the hard product

RFNJ Jul 5, 2022 11:26 am

From what it sounds to me it is some sort of hybrid - seating of AM Plus, maybe meal/drink service of Club Premiere. In all my time flying AM - over 10 years now - I have not seen that one before. Please keep us posted.

BNAChairman Jul 5, 2022 1:30 pm

I flew Premier Light a few weeks ago between MEX and CUN. First four rows of the plane had economy style seats with the middles blocked out. Very similar to the major European airlines and their intra Europe business class offerings. Snack was a a very sad little box containing chips and nut mix. I believe the sad box also featured an apology for not offering the full Premier experience but that they were working on converting the planes to standard Premier class. Only received a single drink service with the standard Premier selections. Unfortunately single drink service was also the norm on a longer standard Premier flight between MEX and TIJ.

atcanobbio Jul 12, 2022 2:27 am

i posted the following on another thread...

one thing to note about these Euro style business seats is that I do not think AM is actively modifying their fleet to offer this product. I think they bought some 737MAX white tails that were destined to LCCs. Since travel demand to Mexico has been high due to lack of covid restrictions, AM needed the planes ASAP, so they did not bother upgrading the interior. I just hope this Euro Business product doesn't give AM upper management any ideas and make it a long term thing.

gsupstate Aug 6, 2022 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman (Post 34399363)
I flew Premier Light a few weeks ago between MEX and CUN. First four rows of the plane had economy style seats with the middles blocked out. Very similar to the major European airlines and their intra Europe business class offerings. Snack was a a very sad little box containing chips and nut mix. I believe the sad box also featured an apology for not offering the full Premier experience but that they were working on converting the planes to standard Premier class. Only received a single drink service with the standard Premier selections. Unfortunately single drink service was also the norm on a longer standard Premier flight between MEX and TIJ.

That's at least partly what I envisioned. With LAP being a much less busy route, I'm not expecting too much on that leg.

Eastbay1K Aug 6, 2022 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman (Post 34399363)

I've had daggers come out of FA's eyes when asking for a second beverage between MEX and SFO. Lazy that the box, and not the crew, offered the apology.

olouie Aug 14, 2022 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 34492139)
I've had daggers come out of FA's eyes when asking for a second beverage between MEX and SFO. Lazy that the box, and not the crew, offered the apology.

Wait, they are running premier light on the Sfo to Mex flights now? Terrible.

Eastbay1K Aug 14, 2022 10:08 am

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 34513517)
Wait, they are running premier light on the Sfo to Mex flights now? Terrible.

No. Just referring to service levels even in regular J. (The quoted post was regarding regular J on a shorter flight.)

olouie Aug 14, 2022 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 34513926)
No. Just referring to service levels even in regular J. (The quoted post was regarding regular J on a shorter flight.)

Ah yeah, I just got same level of service today from GDL to SFO. Sad snack box instead of breakfast, limited drinks, all compounded by broken seat (no recline) with FA who just didn’t care. Said it’s not even their jobs to report broken seats haha. Sigh

Mama Aug 15, 2022 4:09 am

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 34514071)
Ah yeah, I just got same level of service today from GDL to SFO. Sad snack box instead of breakfast, limited drinks, all compounded by broken seat (no recline) with FA who just didn’t care. Said it’s not even their jobs to report broken seats haha. Sigh

Just terrible.

alexfganem1 Oct 12, 2022 4:51 am

I just flew Premier Light from MEX to Ciudad Juarez and the middle seat is basically a little table. I got several drinks, but the snack box was just like a Carlos V chocolate bar, chips and nuts. I think that's going to be more the standard.

Return2flight Oct 15, 2022 12:32 pm

Darn it! Am doing a run to up my DL account. Was hoping for at least (sad, middle blocked seat) European first class. They at lease bring plenty of food and beverage. On the bright side I am sitting in the brand new DL lounge at ORD. It is quite nice. Will report back

Mama Oct 15, 2022 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by alexfganem1 (Post 34674404)
I just flew Premier Light from MEX to Ciudad Juarez and the middle seat is basically a little table. I got several drinks, but the snack box was just like a Carlos V chocolate bar, chips and nuts. I think that's going to be more the standard.

domestic economy class only get peanuts. Your domestic premier light class is exactly what it should be, no more and no less.

jasonNYC85 Oct 25, 2022 8:47 am

What is the hard product on MEX > JFK AM 0404?

Its listed as a 737 Max 8 - is this an international business configuration or more of a domestic config (i.e. big seats only)?