Aeromexico Premier Light - What to Expect

Old Oct 26, 22, 7:59 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
Originally Posted by jasonNYC85 View Post
What is the hard product on MEX > JFK AM 0404?

Its listed as a 737 Max 8 - is this an international business configuration or more of a domestic config (i.e. big seats only)?
Domestic Business - 4 rows 2x2, recline. The Max 8 Clase Premier does not have leg support, just a little metal footrest that fold down from the seat in front. But it is not a bad seat for that length of flight. Hot meal, and sometimes a tray of snacks later on towards the end of the flight. But typical AM service, not the best.
Old Oct 27, 22, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by RFNJ View Post
Domestic Business - 4 rows 2x2, recline. The Max 8 Clase Premier does not have leg support, just a little metal footrest that fold down from the seat in front. But it is not a bad seat for that length of flight. Hot meal, and sometimes a tray of snacks later on towards the end of the flight. But typical AM service, not the best.
Gotcha - thanks. That is what I thought just looking at the seat map, but I wasn't sure. Agree - not bad for a flight of this length.

I'm flying on an E90 a few times inside Mexico booked in Premier. Anything special I can look forward to? Most flights are only 1.5 hours.
Old Oct 28, 22, 5:24 am

Seats are fine, but overhead space is very limited, making boarding early more of a priority if you have a carry-on. I usually take the MEX-ACA route, which is so short that they have barely enough time to serve a soda and a package of cookies before we descend. So I can't tell you what a longer route might bring....coffee that has enough time to cool down before you land?
Old Oct 28, 22, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by RFNJ View Post
Seats are fine, but overhead space is very limited, making boarding early more of a priority if you have a carry-on. I usually take the MEX-ACA route, which is so short that they have barely enough time to serve a soda and a package of cookies before we descend. So I can't tell you what a longer route might bring....coffee that has enough time to cool down before you land?
That's what I figured! Doing MEX > ACA and ACA > MEX > OAX and then OAX > MEX over the course of the trip.
Old Nov 1, 22, 1:03 pm

MEX>ACA is a ballistic arc of a flight, very easy.
Bring some antacid for the ACA>MEX>OAX leg, especially if you are taking the later ACA flight and have a short connection. The 3:30 flight can be a dumpster fire of late arrivals to ACA and circling on the way to MEX waiting for a slot. The longer you have for a connection time, the better.
Old Nov 24, 22, 1:11 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
For future reference, Premier Light is not a fare class. Rather, it refers to an all-economy 737 where the first few rows have the middle seats blocked with a small table. You'll get very basic snacks (chocolate and chips). Both Premier Light and economy get an open bar, but it's easier to get multiple rounds of drinks in Premier.

In my view the E90 has a comfy business class, I'd take it over Premier Light. It's on a 1-2 configuration with wide recliner seats. Snag A seats if traveling solo.

Re. something special - don't forget AM offers some nice drinks on board, e.g. coconut water and electrolit. If Maestro Tequilero tequila is available, go for it for sure.

Search this Thread