Northern Pacific Airways

Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by rustykettel
From your TG picture in the NRT thread, note the next gate departure :

Ha ha! Good catch!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Ha ha! Good catch!
As a longtime rail fan, CP's pacman logo caught my eye.
24left likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I would love the chance to do a stopover in Alaska. Or even simply visit for a few weeks if the price was right. I imagine early/mid September might be ideal as far as the weather.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
I would love the chance to do a stopover in Alaska. Or even simply visit for a few weeks if the price was right. I imagine early/mid September might be ideal as far as the weather.
+1. Been to Anchorage at least 20 times, but never got out of the airport.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by 5khours
Last time I was there, probably more than 30 years ago, there was a stuffed grizzly bear on its hind legs in the terminal greeting us with a menacing face.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by nishimark
Last time I was there, probably more than 30 years ago, there was a stuffed grizzly bear on its hind legs in the terminal greeting us with a menacing face.
pretty sure it was a polar bear.
nishimark likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by 5khours
You've got to get out there and at least drive around a bit in the summer.
You only need a couple hours to do the majestic drive along the Turnagain Arm out to maybe Portage Glacier viewpoint and then turn back.
If you have 1 day, drive down to Seward and do the Harding Icefield hike... or wildlife/glacier cruise from Seward (or Whittier).
If you have a couple nights, drive out to Valdez. Richardson Highway down to Valdez is amazing, and at Valdez you can do one of the guided kayak tours.
JapanFlyerT and rustykettel like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@AlwaysAisle
Very cool to see your collectors' items.

Looking art your CP paper ticket, I see CP had the original flight numbers 3 and 4 to and from NRT (and I knew AC kept some of the CP flight numbers). In recent times, I spent 6 years flying AC's 3 and 4 on the YVR-NRT route, right up until the world closed, especially for travel to Japan.

As to Northern Pacific Airways using leased 757s, I would hope they are the newer versions than this gem that popped up on a couple of my regular DFW-ANC trips back in 2016. (Talk about Throwback Thursday ). Still, I've flown with pilots who were quite "passionate" about their 757s.

At ANC

lol

Eeeek. And when the screens came on, it was scratchy snow (for those of you old enough to remember bad TV signals)

Originally Posted by nishimark
I may have missed the bears but I got a glam shot of Bullwinkle.

Originally Posted by 757FO
They have some serious headwinds in-front of them, but I truly hope this venture works.
Absolutely. I know up here in the Great White North there are a number of new LCCs and ULCCs (beyond the sub brands that AC or WS have/had). I wish all of them luck.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:37 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Icelandic air captured a niche market on the U.S.-Europe routes via Reykjavik although many airlines have non-stop flights between the U.S. and European cities. Northern Pacific Airways looks as going after the same over Pacific.
I'm surprised it took this long for anyone to say it, because that's exactly what this looks like. Will be interesting to see whether it works.

Although I didn't see any mention of free stopovers on their website, which I think was an important driver for Icelandair. I wonder whether they're planning that and just haven't put it on the site, or they don't plan to offer it.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 9:53 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Flights now on sale ONT/LAS

Per https://viewfromthewing.com/northern...ight-schedule/

They're now bookable via https://np.com/. The flights are showing up as using the Ravn Alaska code (7H), and the CC Payment and Email comes from Ravn Alaska.

Whether it will actually operate or not is to be seen.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K
Booked my ticket. Did anyone figure out what the difference between an economy "Basic" and "Standard" fare is?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gallibep
Booked my ticket. Did anyone figure out what the difference between an economy "Basic" and "Standard" fare is?
Got a response through their Messenger profile. Different answer than I got over the phone but at least this makes sense.

Our Basic and Standard fares differ in the amenities they offer to passengers. With the Basic fare passengers have the benefit of a lower fare cost, however their seat selection is not promised, and they are limited to only a personal item and no carry on item. However with the standard fare your seat selection is promised and you have the option for both a carry on and personal item.

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Northern Pacific Airways.
I'm not really sure what "seat selection is not promised" means given they let you select a seat...
Old May 17, 2023, 1:28 pm

Looks like all fare classes for the flights on the 2nd and 9th are 0'd out. Wonder if it's a glitch or something else is going on. My itinerary looks intact.
Old May 18, 2023, 3:30 pm

Looks like all fare classes for the flights on the 2nd and 9th are 0'd out. Wonder if it's a glitch or something else is going on. My itinerary looks intact.
Looks like Simple Flying is reporting what I saw which is they're going to delay the first flight to the 23rd. Haven't seen any other articles yet or a confirmation from the airline. https://simpleflying.com/northern-pa...delays-launch/
Old May 18, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Looks like Simple Flying is reporting what I saw which is they're going to delay the first flight to the 23rd. Haven't seen any other articles yet or a confirmation from the airline.
Got a call from Northern Pacific about 2 hours ago that they canceled their inaugural on the 2nd and they changed my flight to the new inaugural on the 23rd. Guess that counts as an official confirmation from the airline?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.