FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other North and South American Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines-472/)
-   -   AM : No overseas ticketing from US? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines/2061015-am-no-overseas-ticketing-us.html)

BigKenny Dec 4, 2021 8:50 pm

AM : No overseas ticketing from US?

Seems like the there are no more fares on AM to long haul destinations. If I look at something like ORD-MEX and MEX-MAD there are flights, but i can no longer get ORD-MAD to price out. This happens on google flights and AM website. What is going on?

Utskicat Dec 4, 2021 9:24 pm

Something is definitely wrong. I didn't believe you till I used ITA tools to do a lookup. Nothing outside of Mexico to Europe prices either. My guess is that there has been a fare load with an incorrect routing table that has excluded MEX as a valid connection point.

Also, this is posted to the wrong thread. Its a valid question so hopefully mods will move this to correct forum and not delete. If they do delete it, please repost in "Other North and South American Airlines Forum (Other North and South American Airlines - FlyerTalk Forums), the correct place for AM inquiries.

Utskicat Dec 4, 2021 11:30 pm

Its slowly coming back. Searches from USA-MEX-EU and SA-MEX-EU are now pricing on aeromexico.com, but Google and ITA are still showing nothing. I am assuming AM has rolled out a faring fix that hasn't yet replicated to all GDS systems. Will be interested to monitor tomorrow.

mimiray Dec 5, 2021 5:09 am

AM lost flight

I'm glad it's not just me. I took advantage of the SAT-MEX- MAD AM fare sale. I can still find the individual flights but a google flights search does not show a fare for the complete itinerary. Alarming, but I got an email 2 days ago from AM seemingly confirming the flights but with slight adjustments in the times.

laptoptravel Dec 5, 2021 8:12 pm

I have been corresponding with Aeromexico for several days regarding this issue. I'm a travel agent who books a lot of Aeromexico tickets.
Aeromexico USA was 'quite surprised' to see this issue.

They refused to 'make a comment' but said it had been escalated to upper management and a resolution would be forthcoming.'

I wonder of this has anything to do with Aeromexico's emergence plan from bankruptcy; currently pending court approval under serious objections.

Something's seriously wrong!

Even pulling all J fares, they won't price quote it on SABRE / GDS

Utskicat Dec 6, 2021 6:34 am

Originally Posted by laptoptravel (Post 33787733)
I have been corresponding with Aeromexico for several days regarding this issue. I'm a travel agent who books a lot of Aeromexico tickets.

They refused to 'make a comment' but said it had been escalated to upper management and a resolution would be forthcoming.'

I wonder of this has anything to do with Aeromexico's emergence plan from bankruptcy; currently pending court approval under serious objections.

So odd. I just read up on the exit financing issue. It’s still widely expected to move forward. There’s nothing about insolvency. I agree they may be related but it’s weird. Those are large markets to be shut out from for multiple days. I’m surprised the pricing error still exists this morning.

Eastbay1K Dec 6, 2021 9:50 am

Originally Posted by laptoptravel (Post 33787733)

Sounds like this is "nothing more" than a programming botch, either with pricing, or with US point of sale restrictions in the fare rules.

BigKenny Dec 6, 2021 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 33789181)
Sounds like this is "nothing more" than a programming botch, either with pricing, or with US point of sale restrictions in the fare rules.

It has been like this for a week. I have also called Aeromexico and their agents were not able to pull up any tickets for US-Europe. A simple fare rule error should be fixed by now.

Eastbay1K Dec 6, 2021 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by BigKenny (Post 33789939)
It has been like this for a week. I have also called Aeromexico and their agents were not able to pull up any tickets for US-Europe. A simple fare rule error should be fixed by now.

That's why my "nothing more" is in quotes.

BigKenny Dec 6, 2021 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 33790018)

Got it. I have some AM credits and starting to get a bit worried!

laptoptravel Dec 7, 2021 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 33790018)

But still, the airline seems to not be in any rush to correct the situation?

It's economic suicide!

Mama Dec 10, 2021 9:39 am

Originally Posted by laptoptravel (Post 33791984)
But still, the airline seems to not be in any rush to correct the situation?

It's economic suicide!

That's the thing with AM. They haven't put their acts together. But it seems you, the customer, is quite anxious to purchase the AM ticket with a detour from U.S to Mex to Europe. I understand if your credit is expiring soon. But if not, Why? Why bother buying their tickets? Are they really so much cheaper?

laptoptravel Dec 10, 2021 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mama (Post 33801247)
That's the thing with AM. They haven't put their acts together. But it seems you, the customer, is quite anxious to purchase the AM ticket with a detour from U.S to Mex to Europe. I understand if your credit is expiring soon. But if not, Why? Why bother buying their tickets? Are they really so much cheaper?

Actually, it's one of the ways to leverage fare dollars towards earning Medallion status with its SkyTeam partner, Delta.

If you haven't heard about it...you should read this article about Mileage Running.

mimiray Dec 15, 2021 5:22 am

I still don't see this itinerary on Google flights. Has anyone else flown this route on AM recently? I have tickets for travel in May so hopefully my flights are still a go.

laptoptravel Dec 15, 2021 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by mimiray (Post 33813988)
I still don't see this itinerary on Google flights. Has anyone else flown this route on AM recently? I have tickets for travel in May so hopefully my flights are still a go.

Yes, if you have a confirmed reservation, they are flying so you should be fine.

Issue is for NEW BOOKINGS (impossible to book.) I book Mileage Runs for clients so I am very familiar with what's goin on, although no reason has been provided for why they cannot (or will not) load fares into the GDS.

It may be a big problem if there are schedule changes, because a travel agent (perhaps even Aeromexico themselves) will not be able to process a schedule change or make changes if the itinerary WILL NOT PRICE!

Aeromexico absolutely refuses to comment on what's going on.