AM : No overseas ticketing from US?

Old Feb 19, 22, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Looks like USA-Europe still haven't returned, looking for AM fares I did see an AM Plus from LAX-NRT (basically Economy seat but 25% of Distance as MQDs since they book into W) but no Plus or Business fares to Europe as of yet...

Although I did see a TIJ-FCO mix of C/I fare which could work for SoCal flyers... Air France/KLM metal across the pond
<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->
TIJ-FCO would earn 23762 MQMs 6336 MQDs 3.52 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 50691 RDMs, Platinum 44355 RDMs, Gold 41187 RDMs, Silver 38018 RDMs, Base 31682 RDMs

Mileage run on long haul economy class for the purpose of earning elite status. That's a good test on your endurance. Good luck.
Old Feb 19, 22, 6:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Mileage run on long haul economy class for the purpose of earning elite status. That's a good test on your endurance. Good luck.
Well that one was in Business Class. But back in the day when I was younger and with no Ms JFKEZE and JFKEZE Jr, I did my fare share of NYC-EU weekend trips in Y for status
laptoptravel likes this.
Old Feb 22, 22, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
As a licensed agent I still have yet to get an answer from Aeromexico (Mexico and USA operations) in response to what's going on and when they will reload fares from USA-Europe.

Sure is hard to understand what's their rationale since they are certainly losing a lot of potential revenue.

Mileage Runners are lined up for these flights once they return!

Meanwhile, I continue to book and offer great leverage of fare dollars on all partners for all airline alliances.

Someone's asleep at the wheel at Aeromexico!
jfkeze likes this.
Old Feb 22, 22, 10:25 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
I shouldnt be concerned that a TATL flight that was booked prior to that removal wouldnt be honored, right?
Old Feb 23, 22, 11:06 am

Programs: AC Altitude 25k, SkyMiles Silver Medallion, Ultimate Rewards, Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by urifin View Post
I shouldnt be concerned that a TATL flight that was booked prior to that removal wouldnt be honored, right?
I took one last month (JFK=>MAD); you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I was even able to get my return date pushed out by two days at no additional charge since they changed my layover.
Old Feb 23, 22, 3:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by laptoptravel View Post
As a licensed agent I still have yet to get an answer from Aeromexico (Mexico and USA operations) in response to what's going on and when they will reload fares from USA-Europe.

Sure is hard to understand what's their rationale since they are certainly losing a lot of potential revenue.

Mileage Runners are lined up for these flights once they return!

Meanwhile, I continue to book and offer great leverage of fare dollars on all partners for all airline alliances.

Someone's asleep at the wheel at Aeromexico!
SoCal flyers can find some decent deals ex-TIJ to accumulate MQDs at a good rate, even seen 7-1 ratios.. but the SAT-MAD was the gold standard in the post-Covid world... MU JFK-DEL was a favorite pre-Covid...
Old Feb 24, 22, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by urifin View Post
Not at all, unless a flight is re-scheduled to create a misconnect or a flight is cancelled.

If either of those happen, then you are really at the mercy of Aeromexico; no agent, agency or person outside of Aeromexico could help you.

I have lots of clients that booked prior to December 1st for travel in 2022.

Most are still flying with no issues...
Old Feb 24, 22, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
SoCal flyers can find some decent deals ex-TIJ to accumulate MQDs at a good rate, even seen 7-1 ratios.. but the SAT-MAD was the gold standard in the post-Covid world... MU JFK-DEL was a favorite pre-Covid...
I liked JFK-PVG-DPS also!

Had many happy clients.

Even took a couple of those myself...
Old Mar 13, 22, 4:54 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, ALL Platinum
I can see that business fares for Americas-MEX-Europe are still not available.
Any rational behind that ?
Old Mar 13, 22, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Yolow View Post
I can see that business fares for Americas-MEX-Europe are still not available.
Any rational behind that ?
Well, there may be a rationale, which may or may not be rational, and my first thought is that they're waiting until all the credit vouchers expire. Buy two fares, or in the case of certain South America markets, much of the time only J and D are available.
laptoptravel likes this.
Old Mar 19, 22, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Well, there may be a rationale, which may or may not be rational, and my first thought is that they're waiting until all the credit vouchers expire. Buy two fares, or in the case of certain South America markets, much of the time only J and D are available.
A strong likelihood, if any rationale exists.

I just got an email from Aeromexico telling me me they have completed their restructuring and 'we are excited for what the future holds.'

Perhaps this means Aeromexico is about to open up European destinations again from the US airports they serve:

Dallas (DFW)
Fresno (FAT)
Houston (IAH)
New York City (JFK)
Las Vegas (LAS)
Los Angeles (LAX)
Orlando (MCO)
Miami (MIA)
Oakland (OAK)
Chicago (ORD)
San Antonio (SAT)
Seattle (SEA)