AM : No overseas ticketing from US?

Old Dec 16, 21, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by laptoptravel View Post
I book Mileage Runs for clients so I am very familiar with what's goin on, although no reason has been provided for why they cannot (or will not) load fares into the GDS.

I didn't realize there is such a profession -- a booking agent for mileage runners.
Old Dec 16, 21, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
I didn't realize there is such a profession -- a booking agent for mileage runners.
Yes, Mileage Run design for elites of all airline programs is a real thing. With rules and programs changing constantly, it is often nice for busy clients to let someone else do the heavy lifting.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Dec 17, 21, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Looks like South America connections work, but nothing still for Europe.

>$DSFOCDG15APR+AM
NO FARES FOUND FOR INPUT REQUEST
Old Dec 27, 21, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Looks like South America connections work, but nothing still for Europe.

>$DSFOCDG15APR+AM
NO FARES FOUND FOR INPUT REQUEST

And still, after nearly a month there is RADIO SILENCE from the airline.

My gut still tells me this is some game being played related to their anticipated emergence from bankruptcy. Because Delta surely wants Aeromexico to emerge stronger and offer more feeds for the US carrier.

A lot of Delta customers were flying Aeromexico to Europe before; getting cheaper deals and longer flights on Aeromexico's Dreamliner B787's

So, Aeromexico, what's really going on?

I did reach out to Delta who refused to comment on the operations of their SkyTeam partner
Old Dec 28, 21, 2:35 am

My itinerary, SAT-MEX- MAD-MAD-MEX-SAT, prices on Google Flights using the multicity option. The only booking site listed is AM.com, no OTAs, and the itinerary is bookable as separate flights. The same itinerary still doesn't appear as a round trip option.
The AM bankruptcy confirmation hearing is Jan 18 so I suppose we'll know more in the coming weeks.
Old Dec 28, 21, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
And still, after nearly a month there is RADIO SILENCE from the airline.

My gut still tells me this is some game being played related to their anticipated emergence from bankruptcy. Because Delta surely wants Aeromexico to emerge stronger and offer more feeds for the US carrier.

A lot of Delta customers were flying Aeromexico to Europe before; getting cheaper deals and longer flights on Aeromexico's Dreamliner B787's

So, Aeromexico, what's really going on?

I did reach out to Delta who refused to comment on the operations of their SkyTeam partner
I wonder if AM is in hot water with ARC which may not be permitting ticketing of these routings.
Old Dec 30, 21, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
I wonder if AM is in hot water with ARC which may not be permitting ticketing of these routings.
That's an interesting thought but I am guessing not since departure from USA to Mexico are easily accomplished.

All of the people I have contacted (outside Delta and Aeromexico) say that Aeromexico is intentionally hurting their sales so they can show decreased revenues to the bankruptcy court and creditors; thus forcing them into accepting their proposed emergence plan. BTW, Delta is seen playing a prominent role in this plan to maintain control and a seat on the Board. Makes a person go Hmmmm....

I do believe that shortly after their emergence from bankruptcy in January we'll see a full return to USA-Europe (and beyond) flights.

FYI, even pricing separately, their fares right now are outrageous; further discouraging bookings.
Old Jan 16, 22, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM, Hilton-Dia
MR on AM today. Flight crew has no clue about website issues

That's an interesting thought but I am guessing not since departure from USA to Mexico are easily accomplished.

All of the people I have contacted (outside Delta and Aeromexico) say that Aeromexico is intentionally hurting their sales so they can show decreased revenues to the bankruptcy court and creditors; thus forcing them into accepting their proposed emergence plan. BTW, Delta is seen playing a prominent role in this plan to maintain control and a seat on the Board. Makes a person go Hmmmm....

I do believe that shortly after their emergence from bankruptcy in January we'll see a full return to USA-Europe (and beyond) flights.

FYI, even pricing separately, their fares right now are outrageous; further discouraging bookings.
ju
Well at least I got this run in. Would like to book another on AM, but impossible right now
laptoptravel likes this.
Old Jan 17, 22, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by 1Banker View Post
MR on AM today. Flight crew has no clue about website issues
Most FAs on any airlines would not know passengers' ticketing issues, let alone IT/website related issues.
laptoptravel likes this.
Old Jan 19, 22, 11:36 am

Hopefully AM will emerge from bankruptcy & well be able to book

Yeah I didnt think the flight crew would know about the website. I just hoped to see if they had any comment at all as rumors. But nope. Lets hope AM flights to Europe are available to book soon. The bankruptcy was to be done yesterday.
Old Jan 19, 22, 4:59 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, ALL Platinum
If someone can update the topic of this thread, the ticketing issue covers also countries from South America: no business class availability, prices for economy 3+ times more expensive than the normal.
Old Jan 19, 22, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by 1Banker View Post
Yeah I didnt think the flight crew would know about the website. I just hoped to see if they had any comment at all as rumors. But nope. Lets hope AM flights to Europe are available to book soon. The bankruptcy was to be done yesterday.
Actually, The US Bankruptcy Court has set a final hearing to consider confirmation of Aeromexicos emergence and reorganization plan on January 27th.
Old Jan 21, 22, 10:01 am

Thanks for the update on the bankruptcy. Probably useless to look for US to Europe via AM until then.
Old Jan 31, 22, 8:33 am

The Wall Street Journal reported today that the Aeromexico bankruptcy was settled. Nothing yet on any flights USA to Europe, but hopefully soon.
Old Feb 18, 22, 12:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Looks like USA-Europe still haven't returned, looking for AM fares I did see an AM Plus from LAX-NRT (basically Economy seat but 25% of Distance as MQDs since they book into W) but no Plus or Business fares to Europe as of yet...

Although I did see a TIJ-FCO mix of C/I fare which could work for SoCal flyers... Air France/KLM metal across the pond
<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->
TIJ-FCO would earn 23762 MQMs 6336 MQDs 3.52 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 50691 RDMs, Platinum 44355 RDMs, Gold 41187 RDMs, Silver 38018 RDMs, Base 31682 RDMs

Search this Thread