Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has AeroMexico refunded anyone this year?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Wow I just am coming across this thread and I now too am a victim of this horrible freaking joke of an airline.

Get this... I tried to cancel the SAME day i booked. Booked at 1am, tried to cancel like 3pm. Was told NO b/c the flight was in just 2 days time out and not the full 7 needed. Is that even true ? I thought all US departing flights had 24 hours protection, hadnt heard of the 7 day rule

So then I decide yesterday (1 day before the flight) to contact them on Twitter. They told me they cant even cancel the flight. Both online now and with Twitter i cant just simply do a cancel & get a voucher.

So now today finally i was ready to give in and change to a diff date and just deal with this with their customer support (prior to coming here and seeing how bad their customer service is) but now I am being told b/c i am within 3 hours i cant even change my flight.

I cant get a refund, a voucher or even change the thing. So I am going to miss the flight and lose the money?

F this airline, what a freaking joke
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:31 pm

The DoT 24 hour hold or refund rule only applies if you purchase your ticket at least 7 days in advance: https://www.transportation.gov/indiv...ection/refunds.
Mama and PanAmSam like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by jjbiv
The DoT 24 hour hold or refund rule only applies if you purchase your ticket at least 7 days in advance: https://www.transportation.gov/indiv...ection/refunds.
Did not know that. Even for AA/UA/DL? That said how can AM not let me cancel my flight? Thats freaking insane. I couldnt just cancel it and use the value towards a ticket down the road. Then when i finally gave in and said Ok i will book a ticket now for a later date then they said No b/c i was within in 3 hours.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Did not know that. Even for AA/UA/DL? That said how can AM not let me cancel my flight? Thats freaking insane. I couldnt just cancel it and use the value towards a ticket down the road. Then when i finally gave in and said Ok i will book a ticket now for a later date then they said No b/c i was within in 3 hours.
Yes, even for AA,UA,DL. Sorry about your lost. You must admit you are a novice flyer now.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Mama
Unfortunately, despite all the warnings, plenty of people still book Aeromexico for various reasons. Aeromexico really doesn't care about loosing your business.
All the warnings? LOL. I figured this went without saying, but the majority of travelers don't log time on the flyertalk forum.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by brooks8970
All the warnings? LOL. I figured this went without saying, but the majority of travelers don't log time on the flyertalk forum.
I feel somewhat informed as a traveler/flyer and am on FT almost every day although just for the last 2 years.

I had no clue about this AM BS. Tbh i have flown them and did so on a nice 789 flight in J and enjoyed it. However, I booked it on DL so never had to really deal with AM.

What I am so mad about is that I could have booked this flight in question on DL all the same but I booked it on AM. Had I done it on DL then of course I would have easily been able to cancel it or change it within the 3 hours as well.

My credit card co. already gave me the money back for this one way J ticket to GDL. Not sure what happens next as this is my first time ever doing a charge back. I imagine AM will contest it once they are reached out to by Chase. Or maybe AM just wont even respond since they seem pretty incompetent.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I feel somewhat informed as a traveler/flyer and am on FT almost every day although just for the last 2 years.

I had no clue about this AM BS. Tbh i have flown them and did so on a nice 789 flight in J and enjoyed it. However, I booked it on DL so never had to really deal with AM.

What I am so mad about is that I could have booked this flight in question on DL all the same but I booked it on AM. Had I done it on DL then of course I would have easily been able to cancel it or change it within the 3 hours as well.

My credit card co. already gave me the money back for this one way J ticket to GDL. Not sure what happens next as this is my first time ever doing a charge back. I imagine AM will contest it once they are reached out to by Chase. Or maybe AM just wont even respond since they seem pretty incompetent.
Please post the cancellation policy of your AM ticket (if you even bother to look for it), so we can all know what the issue is and shut up.
DOT's 24 hour refund rule is already posted above, you are not entitled to refund based on that DOT rule, even with AA,DL,UA.
Other than that, the cancellation/credit policies are different for different fare types(fare basis) and different airlines. When AM contests your charge-back, you'd better be prepared to show Chase the written cancellation/credit/refund policy of your particular ticket. Of course, at this point, I know you are just hoping for AM's non-responce to Chase.
jjbiv and RFNJ like this.

Last edited by Mama; Aug 21, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Old Aug 27, 2022, 6:07 pm

I had a good experience with AeroMexico and refunds this week and thought I'd share it in case things are starting to improve (your mileage may vary. . .).

We had booked tickets USA-Mexico and saw the next day that fares had dropped substantially. I thought we'd be covered by the 24-hour-cancellation-with-no-penalty law but didn't see how to cancel online. Given the amount of the savings I decided to be brave and call AeroMexico customer service, fully expecting to have an incredibly long hold time and potentially having to push the agent to make the refund (vs. "nothing I can do" or "how about a flight voucher?").

I was on hold less that five minutes (6:30pm west coast time on a weekday). I explained to the agent that we had booked a trip last night and now needed to cancel (didn't say anything about the fare difference). I asked for the refund to be processed back to my credit card. He verified the trip, put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back to verify that he could help make that happen. He said to expect an email from him in 3-5 minutes to document things and that it could take 6-8 weeks for the refund.

I waited with fingers crossed. The email came, as promised, with our original tickets as attachments along with a third attachment in Spanish saying the reservation was cancelled and that the refund would be processed to the original form of payment.

I purchased the new tickets and was prepared to wait for six weeks before asking my credit card company to initiate a chargeback based on the reports here. I was glad to have the email from the agent as proof in case it was requested. However, just three days after my phone call with the agent, the refund was processed back to my credit card.

Hoping that others will have better experiences like this going forward, too.
jjbiv and Mama like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:17 pm

That's awesome you got the refund. Hopefully this bodes well for future customers.

FWIW, I also received the paperwork saying my flights were cancelled and a refund was due via email.

My dispute with my cc company is ongoing. It will be telling to see if AM bothers to fight it or admits the mistake and accepts the chargeback.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 5:20 pm
Suspended

That's awesome you got the refund. Hopefully this bodes well for future customers.

FWIW, I also received the paperwork saying my flights were cancelled and a refund was due via email.

My dispute with my cc company is ongoing. It will be telling to see if AM bothers to fight it or admits the mistake and accepts the chargeback.
If AM refunds your ticket, why do they still need to fight your chargeback?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:57 pm

They didn't refund my ticket. That's the problem. The only recourse is a dispute AKA chargeback with the credit card issuer
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:53 pm

Ev

They didn't refund my ticket. That's the problem. The only recourse is a dispute AKA chargeback with the credit card issuer
I had exactly the same experience....they did however refund after exactly a year....its pretty screwed up and I will never buy directly with aeromexico ever again but the refund did hit my account eventually.

Dear Mr. tsedg,

Thank you for your patience.

I inform you that your refund has already been processed to the original card: 59**********. Depending on your banking institution, the refund could be reflected in your account in approximate period of 15 business days from today.

Here is the list of reimbursed tickets/services as well as the amount corresponding to each one:
-139212070XXXX 408.47 USD
-139212070XXXX 408.47 USD

We appreciate your understanding and preference.

Cordially,

Karen Rojas
Ejecutivo de Servicio al Cliente
Customer Care Representative

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.