Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aerolíneas Argentina Business Class JFK-EZE - worth it for a reduced price?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

I have to fly to Buenos Aires for a cruise on Celebrity in February. I checked getting my flights through them and I was able to get a non-stop business class (they call it Condor Class) JFK-EZE on Aerolíneas Argentinas A330.(actually booked as a DL code-share) for around $1800 round-trip. That's around half the regular price. My other options were premium economy for $1200 on AA or business class on connecting flights on Avianca for around $1300 (but would much rather have a non-stop flight). I don't see any recent reviews of business class on Aerolíneas Argentina, although a "points" website has them listed on a list of business class flights to avoid. Looking for some advice on what to do.

I normally do not book business class and would never pay the $3600 price. But the combination of the $1800 price and it being a non-stop make it interesting. I booked it through Celebrity because they have no change or cancellation fees until final cruise payment is due, so I can change my mind if necessary.

Update -- actually realized that the review at
Review of Aerolineas Argentinas flight from Buenos Aires to Rome in Business (flight-report.com) is from 2019 and pretty positive.

Update 2 -- it turns out that the Celebrity flights site is brain-dead and actually booked me in economy on the return flight even though I clicked on business. RT in business was going to be double the price I booked at. I cancelled the reservation and will look for another option.

Last edited by MisterBill; Apr 28, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Old Apr 29, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: multiple airlines incl. all 3 alliances
Hi, I note you have changed your plans, but I just wanted to note that arriving at 4am in Buenos Aires is the reason to avoid this flight!
Old May 1, 2021, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by russyyz
Hi, I note you have changed your plans, but I just wanted to note that arriving at 4am in Buenos Aires is the reason to avoid this flight!
Yeah, good point. I will most likely book AA which arrives at 10:40am.
Old May 22, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
I assume you are not arriving on sailing day. Planes don't always arrive on time, and the ship won't wait for you.
Old May 23, 2021, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bkkth
I assume you are not arriving on sailing day. Planes don't always arrive on time, and the ship won't wait for you.
No, of course not! We are arriving two days prior to our cruise.

I ended up booking the AA non-stop in PE. The price went down by $100 this week so I reserved through the cruise line. Can cancel/change at no cost up to final payment date. It arrives around 10:30am.

Last edited by MisterBill; May 23, 2021 at 10:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.