Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Aeromexico still fighting chargebacks?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2021, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Angry Is Aeromexico still fighting chargebacks?

Hi there. Like many people in this forum, I've been affected by a typical Aeromexico Cancellation (TM), lured by attractive prices followed by a cancellation on their end. Customer Service was totally useless, only offering refunds in 12+ months.

I raised a chargeback more than 2 months ago, but my bank is still investigating and the credit is not definitive yet. I'm curious to hear your experiences on this, particularly on whether AM fights harder if the ticket was purchased before the bankruptcy was declared??

Bonus points: If my bank refuses to honor the chargeback, can I complain directly to Visa?

Any insight and experiences would be very welcome. Best.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Hi

there are couple of threads about similar topic in this section of the forum , so please take a look (i know some are not about refunds but i want to show you who you are dealing with)
Forced overnight layover by Aeromexico. No offer of hotel and refused to protect onto

AMS - MEX, (AM26) HELP, please..

Aeromexico - How do I get them to refund ticket for cancelled flight

Aeromexico refuses to refund, any guidance?

AeroMexico 1/15/2021 deadline to file proof of claim for refund

Aeromexico online ticket change

About AM (or any other airline in general) , here are my 2 cents i keep repeating since beginning of pandemic = with current situation and lack of flexibility from the airline in case of problem, i would not recommend anyone to book tickets with AM further than 30 days before departure

if i remember correctly , you could ask for vouchers and then reuse it later . For rebooking , it should be possible , but they will probably ask you to pay the difference in case new price is higher

Last edited by fifty_two; Jan 14, 2021 at 3:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.