Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Forced overnight layover by Aeromexico. No offer of hotel and refused to protect onto

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forced overnight layover by Aeromexico. No offer of hotel and refused to protect onto

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2021, 4:26 pm

As I said, he should pay for the hotel himself and then later sue for the amount lost. He purchased his ticket post BK, so won't have problems with the automatic stay.

Aeromexico only acts upon judicial orders, been there...
Old Jan 16, 2021, 3:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I would just get a hotel room and collect from my travel insurance when back home.
OP didn't say if he has travel insurance (purchased or via credit card benefits)
Old Jan 16, 2021, 5:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Mama
OP didn't say if he has travel insurance (purchased or via credit card benefits)
Who travels to a foreign country for over two months without insurance?
Often1 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:02 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
People are not pushovers. They just value their time more than fighting a declared-bankrupt Aeromexico for a hotel room which will probably be a budget hotel at best, and $50/night at most.

If you are a frequent flyer and a premium flyer, then $50 is probably a drop in the bucket compared to your hours spent on the phone and the money you've already spent on airfare across the year. Not to mention the lack of travel insurance for your trip?

My guess is that you secretly enjoy the fight and ranting about it... it doesn't add up.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
People are not pushovers. They just value their time more than fighting a declared-bankrupt Aeromexico for a hotel room which will probably be a budget hotel at best, and $50/night at most.

If you are a frequent flyer and a premium flyer, then $50 is probably a drop in the bucket compared to your hours spent on the phone and the money you've already spent on airfare across the year. Not to mention the lack of travel insurance for your trip?

My guess is that you secretly enjoy the fight and ranting about it... it doesn't add up.
You fail to acknowledge that Aeromexico has been one of the worst, most difficult to deal with airlines during this pandemic. Bonus points: they paid executives bonuses (valued in millions of USD) right before declaring bankruptcy.

I, for one, think OP should sue Aeromexico and make sure he hits them where it hurts them the most: their pockets.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Crastonts
You fail to acknowledge that Aeromexico has been one of the worst, most difficult to deal with airlines during this pandemic. Bonus points: they paid executives bonuses (valued in millions of USD) right before declaring bankruptcy.

I, for one, think OP should sue Aeromexico and make sure he hits them where it hurts them the most: their pockets.
You think suing Aeromexico over a $500 ticket is going to hit their pockets?

A lot of airlines were hard to deal with, and I agree Aeromexico was one of the worst. That doesn't make my time less valuable.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
You think suing Aeromexico over a $500 ticket is going to hit their pockets?

A lot of airlines were hard to deal with, and I agree Aeromexico was one of the worst. That doesn't make my time less valuable.
OP won't bankrupt Aeromexico, of course (because they already are lolololol). However, he does not want to (1) do a chargeback, (2) instigate a refund or (3) pay for the hotel from his own cash. No insurer will cover him given he was notified of the change with ample notice.

From this, it follows that paying for this hotel and then suing is the only way for things to go his way.

He can also recover litigant-in-person costs (for his time) and some punitive awards, so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.