FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spirit-airlines-free-spirit-774/)
-   -   Spirit -redeposit of money from rescheduled trip - can you redeposit more than once? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spirit-airlines-free-spirit/2028830-spirit-redeposit-money-rescheduled-trip-can-you-redeposit-more-than-once.html)

Bruegelpie Nov 19, 2020 9:12 am

Spirit -redeposit of money from rescheduled trip - can you redeposit more than once?

I had to reschedule a Spirit trip and subsequently used the credit that I received for a new trip. I then had to reschedule the rescheduled trip, but when I looked for the credit, it did not show up.

Is it the case that I can only reschedule a trip once to use the $$? (It seems to be.) I don't see this in the terms and conditions. (I've tried to contact Spirit but of course it is a nightmare to get ahold of anyone to ask this question.)

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

rsteinmetz70112 Nov 19, 2020 11:25 am

I suggest your try twitter to contact Spirit.
From your post I can't tell exactly what kind of credit you got from Spirit.

Bruegelpie Nov 19, 2020 11:50 am

Yes, I have emailed Spirit but not heard back. Here is what happened

1) Bought Spirit ticket for $200
2) Had to cancel fight
3) Found new ticket(s) to buy for $300.
3a) For this ticket, I applied the $200 credit and paid $100 more to equal the $300 charge for the ticket
4) Had to cancel this new flight.
5) Expected $300 credit
6) Instead, was only credited the $100 that I newly paid, and did not have the $200 credit that was applied to the trip put back
7) Contacted Spirit - no reply yet.

So, my question is - Is it a policy of Spirit to not refund a credit more than 1 time?

jjbiv Nov 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Did you check your original reservation to see if your credit exists under that PNR/record locator?

Bruegelpie Nov 27, 2020 9:15 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I ended up communicating with Spirit through WeChat and the Spirit customer service rep told me that my account actually does have the full amount credited, even though I can only see the amount that I paid (and not the former credit amount) under the reservation number. The rep said that I have until May 30 2021 to purchase and fly using the credit. Not a lot of time actually. I wish that i had longer to use the credit so that I didn't have to fly and use the credit by May 30. Any suggestions for how I can extend this date? Thanks in advance for any help!

pitflyer Dec 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Anyone else rescheduled a Spirit flight twice with the COVID no-change-fee waiver? I have $50 in credit, want to book a $60 flight, but only if the full $60 is still available (At least till May 30, 2021.. kind of sucks that unlike other airlines the credit hard expires May 30, even though I booked it in November to start with). I'm wondering if its just a website display issue that it shows the difference ($10 here, $100 for the OP) but the full amount does apply and you can still book the full amount online.