Aeromexico Upgrades Longhaul?

Old Jun 17, 20, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Aeromexico Upgrades Longhaul?

Hi Everyone,
I am going to be spending lots of time in Mexico for work next year but will be frequently travelling to Europe and South America, and I am trying to decide if I should pursue status with AM or DL. (Currently UA Silver). I wasn't originally going to consider AM but I noticed they aren't clear about complimentary upgrades for elite members on long haul flights. I called Club Premier and they told me there weren't restrictions (besides booking Basic Economy/V), but I'm not sure I believe them. Do they mean AM Titanium etc members can get complimentary long haul upgrades on AM? Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for your insight!
Old Jun 20, 20, 7:28 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Exclamation

Originally Posted by flyer1235 View Post
I wasn't originally going to consider AM but I noticed they aren't clear about complimentary upgrades for elite members on long haul flights. I called Club Premier and they told me there weren't restrictions (besides booking Basic Economy/V), but I'm not sure I believe them. Do they mean AM Titanium etc members can get complimentary long haul upgrades on AM? Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for your insight!
Hi

if you speak spanish i suggest you to search for customers reviews on the web , i think i saw some feedback regarding this frequent flyer program , but can't find that page anymore sorry

Regardless of status , you can also make bids for upgrade , and no need to reach titanium for this purpose

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to decide if I should pursue status with AM or DL. (Currently UA Silver).
I would suggest you to compare with other skyteam programs , as the benefits are the same on all members (besides few exceptions and restrictions) . but it will depends what benefits are most important for you and which airlines you will fly the most with , then compare with the rules , the costs to reach highest tier and the type of fares you will buy

II am going to be spending lots of time in Mexico for work next year but will be frequently travelling to Europe and South America,!
Do you already have an idea about your flying patterns or plans ??? i think i can help you decide which one to choose , as skyteam is not limited to only 2 members (AM or DL) . If you reached silver UA then you can easily reach skyteam elite .

For instance DL has some very high spending requirements while AM has flights requirements (80%AM / 20% Skyteam) while AF or UX has none of them

Last edited by fifty_two; Jun 20, 20 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 21, 20, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I have a pretty good idea about my flying patterns so I think DL status would make the most sense, especially since I am a Canadian resident and would be qualified for the MQD waiver. The only reason I was considering AM status is because of this unclear potential to get free upgrades on their transcon flights. While I'd prefer to be a Delta elite it would be pretty great to get upgraded frequently to business on AM as they fly to the European hubs I care about most anyways. Does anyone have any more information on this with AM?
Old Jun 27, 20, 2:02 am

Aeromexico is on the verge on insolvency per 22/06 and is rumoured to fill in Chapter 11
They are offering ultra low fares from foreign destinations as BCN which they will not likely be in a position to operate
i would refrain to buy anything directly to them
At minima, buy the flight as a code share to ensure a refund/rebooking with altenate solutions in any case of sXXX happens
Old Jun 27, 20, 5:29 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, TP Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bebert View Post
Aeromexico is on the verge on insolvency per 22/06 and is rumoured to fill in Chapter 11
They are offering ultra low fares from foreign destinations as BCN which they will not likely be in a position to operate
i would refrain to buy anything directly to them
At minima, buy the flight as a code share to ensure a refund/rebooking with altenate solutions in any case of sXXX happens
Even if Aeromexico goes into Chapter 11, the airline won't disappear or stop operating. Mexico can't risk closing their only remaining global airline (After Mexicana closed).
Old Jun 27, 20, 4:45 pm

Programs: Alaska, Aeromexico, Delta
Hi, I'm Platino and I've been upgraded 100% of the time in flights with AM an 80% with DL in flights max 6 hours. I haven't had any experience on longer flights, when they are longhaul flights I buy J
Old Jun 27, 20, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by AHC96 View Post
Even if Aeromexico goes into Chapter 11, the airline won't disappear or stop operating. Mexico can't risk closing their only remaining global airline (After Mexicana closed).
Probably not but neither 100% sure, as
- AMLO has repeatedly said Mexico won t bail out or give any support to any airlines. And that guy is really stubborn...
- aeromexico has a higher % of international flights than any other Na airlines so the impact of closure is very high on their income
They are selling tickets currently from Eu markets as CDG, BCN, MAD at less than 500 Usd to MEX in the (normally) peak of Christmas period versus 1k USD minimum usually. This is not a good sign of financial health and not sustainable anyway
They are just craving for money to stream in to keep breathing
Not really sustainable even if you do not plan to refund the cancelled flights to the consumers
So i would not bet any penny on AM currently
Old Jun 30, 20, 12:36 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by kjorobk View Post
Hi, I'm Platino and I've been upgraded 100% of the time in flights with AM an 80% with DL in flights max 6 hours. I haven't had any experience on longer flights, when they are longhaul flights I buy J

How are AM elites ranked on DL flights among DL elites?
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by atcanobbio View Post
How are AM elites ranked on DL flights among DL elites?
same as other skyteam elites , at the "top of the bottom" of the list
Old Jun 30, 20, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
same as other skyteam elites , at the "top of the bottom" of the list
if that's the case, getting 80% upgrades on DL flights is pretty damn good. I wonder which routes he/she is flying to score such a high %
Old Jun 30, 20, 3:13 pm

As Platino with AM I get Platinum medallion with DL
Old Jun 30, 20, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio View Post
if that's the case, getting 80% upgrades on DL flights is pretty damn good. I wonder which routes he/she is flying to score such a high %
normally I fly routes between Mexico and US
Old Jul 1, 20, 2:24 am

for you information = Aeromexico files for bankruptcy protection

Search this Thread
Search Engine: