Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

spirit june PHL to DFW: odds it will fly? need big seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2020, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

april and may are all off the books but they have june fri/sun/mon flights. i need a one way ticket and love the big seats (being big boned and all) and next cheapest big seat is on AA for 350. which i wouldnt mind if i got all the perks but as you know no food etc on the flight.

just curious if they have june listed as flying as of today if they actually will be flying then.

also i know of no other airline with cheaper wider seats. do you? i need width, i dont care if i'm jammed in the same coach pitch as everyone else. ive flown AA and spirit emergency rows but was squished anyway width wise

i realize we are down 90% on passengers but how ok would someone like AA be to let you switch seats if someone was next to you? i could deal with standard econonmy on AA if no one was next to me.
Old May 6, 2020, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
No one will know what the schedule will be like on June. Currently carriers are adjusting their routing almost weekly. With low flight loads, most likely planes are flying empty, add to that that most carriers are leaving the middle seat empty for social distancing. If the schedule is important, I would most likely go with AA as they will have at least 5 non stop daily vs spirit single flight. In case of problems, at least with AA you will have a far better chance to get there same day, as opposed to Spirit. Besides, the odds of AA canceling flights between two hubs is very minimal.
Just my two cents.
Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.