Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Spirit

I heard Spirit is canceling all flights except 56 from 4-8 to 4-30. Employees were just notified.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
They have cancelled all flights till June (at least for PUJ) I am not able to get WhatsApp to work for my refund - prompts for question do not get me anywhere except they are not issuing any refunds at this time.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by bamin
They have cancelled all flights till June (at least for PUJ) I am not able to get WhatsApp to work for my refund - prompts for question do not get me anywhere except they are not issuing any refunds at this time.
My flight was cancelled - if it helps, I used the following answers on WhatsApp:

Spirit Airlines: Are you looking to modify or cancel your flight because of the Coronavirus COVID-19?. . (Please respond 1, 2, or 3 only). . 1 - Yes. 2 - No. 3 - I have COVID-19 questions
Me: 2

Is your flight being affected by a cancellation/ modification made by Spirit? (Respond 1-3 only). . 1 - Yes, I would like to modify my flight. 2 - Yes, I would like to cancel my reservation. 3 - No, continue to main menu
Me: 1

Do you have your reservation number handy?. . Please respond 1 - 2 only:. . 1 - Yes. 2 - No

Then entered the PNR and then:

Spirit Airlines: What date are you looking to modify the flight to?
Me: I would like a refund as per DOT regs. Spirit have cancelled this flight
Spirit Airlines: How can we help you modify your existing reservation?
Spirit Airlines: Thank you for the information. We will connect you to the next available Spirit Agent. Feel free to go about your day until we text you back.

And then 'spoke' with someone about 20 mins later who sorted it all.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
Originally Posted by PAL62V
My flight was cancelled - if it helps, I used the following answers on WhatsApp:

Spirit Airlines: Are you looking to modify or cancel your flight because of the Coronavirus COVID-19?. . (Please respond 1, 2, or 3 only). . 1 - Yes. 2 - No. 3 - I have COVID-19 questions

Is your flight being affected by a cancellation/ modification made by Spirit? (Respond 1-3 only). . 1 - Yes, I would like to modify my flight. 2 - Yes, I would like to cancel my reservation. 3 - No, continue to main menu

Do you have your reservation number handy?. . Please respond 1 - 2 only:. . 1 - Yes. 2 - No

Spirit Airlines: Thank you for the information. We will connect you to the next available Spirit Agent. Feel free to go about your day until we text you back.

THANKS!! that worked waiting for the agent.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Note that DOT issued a Warning Letter to air carriers earlier today, pointing to the long-standing requirement that refunds be given when the carrier cancels or there is a substantial delay. DOT offered not to bring enforcement actions for those carriers which, having denied refunds in these circumstances, now issue them.

https://www.transportation.gov/sites...3%202020_0.pdf
Old Apr 4, 2020, 12:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Will provide updates on my effort to get refund for a ticket I purchased on behalf of a a family friend. I was already reimbursed for the ticket, but trying to get refund which I will pass on.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 1:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by jamflyer
Will provide updates on my effort to get refund for a ticket I purchased on behalf of a a family friend. I was already reimbursed for the ticket, but trying to get refund which I will pass on.
Contacted Spirit via WhatsApp chat and they agreed to refund charge.
Often1 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Refund -$190.80
Original Purchase $190.80 American Express refund -$190.80
When I saw that amount I thought the decimal point was in the wrong spot for a Spirit fare!
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
When I saw that amount I thought the decimal point was in the wrong spot for a Spirit fare!
It was for two tickets!!
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:04 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass

See Bolded Text

You answered modify (1) instead of Cancel (2), that is why it asked twice how you wanted to modify your reservation.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Spirit Page

Why doesn’t Spirit have its own page when all the other airlines do.
imnotminkus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.