Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Lounge access as a KLM platinum on V (basic fare)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue

I am flying from AMS to CUN via MEX on a cheap basic V ticket. I understand I have no extra luggage allowance as a KL PLAT. But I can not find if I have lounge access. Does anyone have experience?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
I understand I have no extra luggage allowance as a KL PLAT.
You do have one free luggage as a skyteam elite plus member , even with a V fare

But I can not find if I have lounge access. Does anyone have experience?
for lounge access it depends on the location

AMS = the lovely NS KLM Lounge 52 . Your AM BP probably wont work at scanners , so go to service desk
MEX = use AM Premier lounge (both international and domestic)
CUN = ask cause i dont know

Does anyone have experience?
AM have not signed contracts with lounges of every airport they fly from/to , so if you fly to other international destinations you need to check the list , and even if they do have agreements , better to ask a voucher or details at check-in desk . See list here in the "lounges around the world" section

So you might not even have access to other skyteam airlines lounges while flying AM , but you can always give a try

With V fare you can't select your seat but you can later purchase it (if i remember it was between 50$/100$ per seat for longhaul flights) , but if your trip start from amsterdam you will do the check-in from KLM site and there as a STE+ member you will be able to choose your seat for free

Last edited by fifty_two; Mar 18, 2020 at 4:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.