Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Southern Airways Express BWI-PIT;connect in DUJ (Dubois, PA) or MGW (Morgantown, WV)?

Southern Airways Express BWI-PIT;connect in DUJ (Dubois, PA) or MGW (Morgantown, WV)?

Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:34 am
Original Poster

So it's not really a connection I don't think, but rather two separate tickets. Anyway, they're $29 each, so I can fly BWI-PIT for $58. The options that work with my schedule are flying through either DUJ (Dubois, PA) or MGW (Morgantown, WV). Both options give me roughly 3 hours between flights.

I cannot find much online about these airports. Does anyone here have experience with them and can give me advice as to which to choose? I know that there's not much going on at either. They both have a restaurant. The schedules for either are departing BWI and arriving in PIT about 15 minutes apart, so it makes no difference to my schedule. The price is also the same.

I guess one other question is if the flights to and from one are more delayed than the other. This could make a difference on which I choose. I looked on Flightaware, but the history didn't go back very far (free account).

Update: I ended up booking BWI-MGW-PIT. I chose MGW rather than DUJ for a couple reasons, one being that the restaurant in MGW was recommended by someone. MGW is also closer to PIT in case of IRROPS. I'm very much looking forward to the experience! The trip is in May, so it's a few months out yet. It should be interesting!

Last edited by g289t; Feb 17, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:34 am

I flew to Johnstown PA from Pitt on Southern few years ago. Was interesting. Waiting in the gate area, pilot came out, asking for his Jamesstown pax. I was the only one. I'm not crazy about little airlpanes, but it was fine. Was this an airport built with "pork $$", not sure, but it was kind of weird. Landed, and an airport worker unlocked the door to the terminal for us. I was picking up a car in Johnstown, and driving it to Chattanooga for my daughter.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was at the Morgantown Airport last month. There is free Wifi which is nice as well as an on sight restaurant which was not open when I was there (Sunday 1 PM). It's really sleepy and I imagine DUJ is about the same

psusaver likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for your input!

Originally Posted by stan1162
I flew to Johnstown PA from Pitt on Southern few years ago. Was interesting. Waiting in the gate area, pilot came out, asking for his Jamesstown pax. I was the only one. I'm not crazy about little airlpanes, but it was fine. Was this an airport built with "pork $$", not sure, but it was kind of weird.
I think most of Southern's routes are EAS routes. I wouldn't be surprised if the airports are subsidized too.

Originally Posted by CMK10
I was at the Morgantown Airport last month. There is free Wifi which is nice as well as an on sight restaurant which was not open when I was there (Sunday 1 PM). It's really sleepy and I imagine DUJ is about the same
I have never been to either airport, but from I could find out online, they seem pretty similar. I think Continental Airlines used to serve DUJ from Cleveland.

I looked up the restaurant's hours. They are closed all day Sunday. They open at 11:00 AM Mon - Sat. I would be arriving at 10:45 AM on a weekday, so I'm good there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.