Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico RTW points - Clase Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Aeromexico RTW points - Clase Premiere

Does anyone have any experience in redeeming miles for Biz Class RTW ticket through Aeromexico? I'm aware of the complications of booking (not all agents speak great English, nbd) but in terms of availability, what seats they can and cannot see for a RTW ticket, etc....any input?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:15 am

I am also curious about how they define the backtracking, if I fly from PVG to SVO, SVO-AMS, AMS-NBO, NBO-JFK, is that considering as backtracking? And what if I then fly to MEX from JFK, and then MEX-ICN.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zgcyx53
I am also curious about how they define the backtracking, if I fly from PVG to SVO, SVO-AMS, AMS-NBO, NBO-JFK, is that considering as backtracking? And what if I then fly to MEX from JFK, and then MEX-ICN.
I believe AMS-NBO is against your RTW direction. Hence, it is backtracking and not qualify.
AM agents have bad communication skills, passive service attitude, and English speaking barriers. Every small question takes them at least 4 minutes to answer because they need to check with their back office while putting you on hold. One hold = 4 minute increment. Usually they will come back and tell you to hold another 4 minutes, on and on.
My experience with AM's RTW ticket is that they define their own rules(sometime just unreasonable) and some rules may even not conform to ST RTW rules. MY example: Berlin is east of Rome, but they insisted Rome is east of Berlin, because they found a cheap business class from Rome to Berlin, and just want to force it down my throat if I want to visit both cities. Remember, AM pay money to get your ticket on ST airlines and you pay AM points.
Also, It will take multiple phone calls, many many hours if not days for them to confirm your desired routes, and the actual ticketing process take hours while you are on the phone waiting for them to confirm, because the agents need to check with their back office on every issue, these agents are not capable of doing it themself. It was just a nightmare. NEVER AGAIN.
Two years ago, I had anoth RTW ticket with ANA. OMG, ANA was heaven. ANA were so effecient, so pro-active. so reasonable, and agents speak perfect english, everyone of them are so well trained and resourceful.
fifty_two likes this.

Last edited by Mama; Jan 16, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
CX show a lot of expertise in RTW itineraries as well.

Berlin is indeed almost a degree east or Rome. Next time ask them if their map shows the South Pole at the top, which might have been it.

Generally backtracking is the wrong direction vs. purchased, unless there is no way to connect to a hub, like going back and forth through HKG on a CX RTW.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama
I believe AMS-NBO is against your RTW direction. Hence, it is backtracking and not qualify.
AM agents have bad communication skills, passive service attitude, and English speaking barriers. Every small question takes them at least 4 minutes to answer because they need to check with their back office while putting you on hold. One hold = 4 minute increment. Usually they will come back and tell you to hold another 4 minutes, on and on.
My experience with AM's RTW ticket is that they define their own rules(sometime just unreasonable) and some rules may even not conform to ST RTW rules. MY example: Berlin is east of Rome, but they insisted Rome is east of Berlin, because they found a cheap business class from Rome to Berlin, and just want to force it down my throat if I want to visit both cities. Remember, AM pay money to get your ticket on ST airlines and you pay AM points.
Also, It will take multiple phone calls, many many hours if not days for them to confirm your desired routes, and the actual ticketing process take hours while you are on the phone waiting for them to confirm, because the agents need to check with their back office on every issue, these agents are not capable of doing it themself. It was just a nightmare. NEVER AGAIN.
Two years ago, I had anoth RTW ticket with ANA. OMG, ANA was heaven. ANA were so effecient, so pro-active. so reasonable, and agents speak perfect english, everyone of them are so well trained and resourceful.
For AM - do you have to book entire trip all at once or can you book one at a time?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cls06j
For AM - do you have to book entire trip all at once or can you book one at a time?
Please call AM Club Premier, you will have first hand experience with them, and know what I was talking about, before you proceed furthur. Chances are most of their agents probably never heard of RTW tickets.

Last edited by Mama; Jan 16, 2020 at 11:09 pm
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Mama
Please call AM Club Premier, you will have first hand experience with them, and know what I was talking about, before you proceed furthur. Chances are most of their agents probably never heard of RTW tickets.
Or you wind up at Sarasov Tsentrainy Airport in Russia, now closed, with airport code RTW.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Living in Miami, could I not just go to MIA airport, to book the tickets in person?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I should mention that this is a CapOne Venture Card partner, so transferring of miles is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.