Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM 788 biz class seat question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

AM 788 biz class seat question

Hi, usually SeatGuru has this info but I can’t find it for this flight- on the AeroMexico 788 with 2-2-2 configuration do the bulkhead seats (row 1 and maybe either 5 or 6 I can’t tell) have bigger foot cubby holes? Reviews say they are narrow in this config and I know some other airlines with this 2-2-2 have more foot room In the bulkhead row. Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Kate10010
Hi, usually SeatGuru has this info but I can’t find it for this flight- on the AeroMexico 788 with 2-2-2 configuration do the bulkhead seats (row 1 and maybe either 5 or 6 I can’t tell) have bigger foot cubby holes? Reviews say they are narrow in this config and I know some other airlines with this 2-2-2 have more foot room In the bulkhead row. Thanks!
I haven't noticed, but I've sat in the D seats (row 2 and back) and the footwells are tiny. The companion seat appears to be larger but that could just be an insane delusion of (non-existent) jealousy.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Given the paucity of posting here in an "other" forum, I'm going to use this as a general AM 787 seat advice thread.

Any comments on the best seats on the 788s and 789s?

For a 10-hour day flight with a business companion on the 789, I've chosen 8A & 8J, which seems an ideal configuration given the ability to hop back & forth in front of the bar.

The 788 configuration seems more cramped and, for now, I've just chosen 2A & 2C -- a little close for comfort but I don't see any other options (moving to the 789 would make it an overnight, which seems undesirable). Perhaps the seclusion of 6G / 6J is better?

Side notes: really annoying that purchasing a Premier fair doesn't even allow for selection of AM+ seats on the website; why don't we have a separate AM forum here, given AM's size & integration with DL, and that a separate forum would note draw more AM flyers (regardless of the language issue)?

Last edited by kthomas; Nov 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
Originally Posted by kthomas

Side notes: really annoying that purchasing a Premier fair doesn't even allow for selection of AM+ seats on the website; why don't we have a separate AM forum here, given AM's size & integration with DL, and that a separate forum would note draw more AM flyers (regardless of the language issue)?
Can you elaborate? A premiere fare is business. AM+ is a level below. Why would you pick AM+ seats under this fare selection (unless there is an all coach leg)?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Given the paucity of posting here in an "other" forum, I'm going to use this as a general AM 787 seat advice thread.

Any comments on the best seats on the 788s and 789s?

For a 10-hour day flight with a business companion on the 789, I've chosen 8A & 8J, which seems an ideal configuration given the ability to hop back & forth in front of the bar.

The 788 configuration seems more cramped and, for now, I've just chosen 2A & 2C -- a little close for comfort but I don't see any other options (moving to the 789 would make it an overnight, which seems undesirable). Perhaps the seclusion of 6G / 6J is better?

According to wiki, Aeromexico has a fleets of 70 aircrafts. It is a very small airlines.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by RFNJ
Can you elaborate? A premiere fare is business. AM+ is a level below. Why would you pick AM+ seats under this fare selection (unless there is an all coach leg)?
MEX-CUN is AM+ rows 1-3 on most legs (alas), for instance.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mama
According to wiki, Aeromexico has a fleets of 70 aircrafts. It is a very small airlines.
More that 57% of KL's 121, as reported by Wikipedia... 20M to 34M PAX in comparison; again, language issues aside, I believe we'd draw more posts if AM was given its own forum, perhaps "AM and X carriers," which would be found in search for AM info... this forum is difficult for people unfamiliar with FT, especially Spanish-primary speakers, to locate.

Last edited by kthomas; Nov 18, 2019 at 5:07 pm
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
MEX-CUN is AM+ rows 1-3 on most legs (alas), for instance.
I understand your point now. I see that on occasion MEX-ACA, but most of the Embraer jets have premiere class. I have found that on AM's website, on a premiere fare JFK-MEX-ACA where MEX-ACA is one class, I can pick AM+ seats - for a charge. Annoying.
kthomas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.