Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accidental voucher use

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Accidental voucher use

I received 4 sun country paper vouchers that were handed out en masse due to a delayed flight. I went to use them and saw they were in consecutive order so I just put in the numbers without paying too much attention. After submitting payment using all 4 vouchers I realized the vouchers I had actually skipped one number and ended in 35, 36, 37, and 39. Instead of 38, which went through as valid.

It's over 24 hours since I bought the tickets. Is there an easy way to go about fixing this?? I'm worried they won't know what to do with me when I call and I'll have to cancel and rebook my flights and have to pay those fees for an honest mistake.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The mistake was waiting for 24 hours to pass. But, even so, you don't have any option but to call and get this taken care of.

Sooner or later, audit will pick this up and, if you are lucky there will be an add/collect due at the airport or if you are unlucky, your tickets will be cancelled.

The longer you let this go, the worse it gets.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

To be clear, I was always going to get this fixed and not just leave it. The mistake of leaving it for 24 hours was that I didn't notice the mistake until after 24 hours. I was really just asking if anyone had any helpful information about the process of getting a voucher issue fixed or if I was going to have to go through the whole cancel, refund and rebook process with fees.

Turns out, with sun country it is really easy to fix payment issues. They were able to refund the mistaken voucher so whoever it belongs to still has the money and replace it with my voucher. Surprisingly, no fuss. Which is what I was wondering about.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
The mistake was waiting for 24 hours to pass. But, even so, you don't have any option but to call and get this taken care of.

Sooner or later, audit will pick this up and, if you are lucky there will be an add/collect due at the airport or if you are unlucky, your tickets will be cancelled.

The longer you let this go, the worse it gets.
An audit likely wouldn't catch something like this. If they're using consecutive voucher numbers, there's really no reason to suspect that she had entered an incorrect voucher. Especially if the voucher she entered is never redeemed by someone else.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The voucher won't match her name. Someone will look at it.

But, in a sense, you are correct. There is a slim chance that it will slip through and she will be fine. But, the question for OP is her risk tolerance.

Mine would be to get on the phone immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.