Spirit big front seat pricing - is it dynamic?

Old Aug 22, 19, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Spirit big front seat pricing - is it dynamic?

Currently for Las Vegas to Seattle, one-way, the big front seat on my reservation is being offered for $48. I'm overall fine with the price, but obviously would be happier to pay something slightly cheaper for this seat, say $35-40 or so.

I've never really flown spirit before so I don't know if this is a good price, if this price is dynamic and can go up or down or what. Basically should I buy it now or wait to see if the price goes down (this flight is not for another 3 months, and all big front seats except one are taken)
Old Aug 22, 19, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver
I cannot imagine them or many airline making things cheaper as they become more scarce. It's $8 more than your upper limit. People pay $8 for coffee. I'd pay $8 (more) not to be shoehorned into a miniscule Spirit seat. Well to be fair I literally wouldn't pay $8 or $48 or any amount at all, because nothing would make me fly on Spirit or any VLCC. But in the context of your threshold you'd be foolish to sit and wait.

People also do this for paid upgrades where they suffer on a coast to coast flight because the last minute upgrade to business class was $250 and they would not pay more than $249 so they sit shoulder to shoulder in 17' wide, 29" pitch coach seats for 5 hours to prove a point to themselves.
blehman likes this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

I mean, the fact that I'm flying Spirit should tell you that I'm very very price concious, so yeah while $8 might be a ridiculously expensive cup of coffee for someone, I value it. Which is why I was wondering if folks have seen the prices fluctuate or this is as good as I'll get. As we all know, the prices for the actual ticket does fluctuate.
Old Aug 25, 19, 1:03 am

Just pay the $8 more and relax. Skip 2 $4 coffees before and you break even. I'd be more concerned it will be gone than the price. You can reduce awfulness for 8 smackers so who wouldn't?
Old Aug 26, 19, 3:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ricktoronto View Post
Just pay the $8 more and relax. Skip 2 $4 coffees before and you break even. I'd be more concerned it will be gone than the price. You can reduce awfulness for 8 smackers so who wouldn't?
And be thankful, it's not the $86 that AA wants for me to upgrade to an exit row aisle seat on my PHX-SEA flight next week.
Old Aug 26, 19, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
And be thankful, it's not the $86 that AA wants for me to upgrade to an exit row aisle seat on my PHX-SEA flight next week.
And if it's $86 relative to the overall fare or other choices, well then, it's $86. Not much perspective. $86 on $1,000 or $86 on $85?
Old Sep 5, 19, 12:00 am
Original Poster

To answer my own OP question - the pricing is indeed dynamic. I saw it move from $46 to $54, and then eventually fell back down to $48 and then down to $39 (at which point I bought it). My route was LAS-SEA, which is approx 3 hour flight.

So anyone who is price concious (and therefore flying Spirit), it is a good idea to monitor the price for a few weeks for the big front seat before springing for it, wait to see if you can get approximately $13/hour price.

Search this Thread