Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Orthodox Jewish couple who receives a lifetime ban from Spirit Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Unacceptable behaviors! Orthodox Jewish couple who has been banned from Spirit Airlines for life. I do not appreciate for the behaviors.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...6x1UkFC0nAhxs4

They doesn't listen to flight attendants, gate agents and ticket agents, as well. They should listen to them.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Well if the story is to be believed (and I know it does not include the airline account) they acted by the sounds of it perfectly reasonable.

Not sure what being Jewish had to do with anything?
clubeurope, RFNJ, rickg523 and 1 others like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:51 pm

Crazy is Crazy does.. Doesn't seem any of this has to do with ethnicity or religion.
GlobalMatt likes this.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; May 9, 2019 at 10:16 am
Old May 8, 2019, 8:08 am

The flight attendant really screwed up. The seat was FAA approved so that should be end of story for the airline. Even the supervisor said it was approved. For the flight attendant to take it upon themself to not allow the seat after it was approved by a supervisor was a real head shaker.

Of course the hearsay of somebody "hearing" that somebody called them something is another story.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
While I think Spirit did a lousy job of understanding, I find it hard to believe that this escalated to police involvement without any provocation, or because of anti-semitism.
Old May 10, 2019, 6:39 pm

Flying with a six week, 2 and 3 yr old on spirit makes for a high stress combustible mix. Not the best idea for a relaxing vacation.

I am a bit confused where the 2 and 3 yr old kids sat when dad moved to the empty seat next to his wife holding the lap child.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 11:34 pm

Wow that's pretty interesting to say the least.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 12:23 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by nsuresh91
Wow that's pretty interesting to say the least.
Nearly four year old thread.. Really felt compelled to reply with no new information?
zdcatc12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.