Wiki Posts
Search

Tagging bags to the final destination on Gol

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Tagging bags to the final destination on Gol

Hi, folks. I recently booked flights to Rio de Janeiro for Carrnival next year, and I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with interlining bags between Aeroméxico and Gol when on two separate tickets. I'm aware Delta will check bags through, but I was wondering if AM will do the same, as I'm flying LAX-MEX-GRU-SDU but with the GRU-SDU legs on separate Delta/Gol tickets (since if everything was on one ticket with AM the flights would be double the price).

Also, I was wondering if G3 actually tags bags through as well in the opposite direction, as I've heard and seen conflicting things. Basically, I've been told that Gol doesn't tag bags to the final destination if the flights are on two separate tickets, but then I've read around that they do/might. Has anyone tried this when leaving Brazil?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:59 pm
Suspended

It seems that you already know the answer, but just want to hear any exceptional experience from others.
Two different airlines (they are not even partners), on two separate tickets. The airlines is not obligated to check your bag through the other airlines. If they do, they are doing you a big favor. That's all.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by Mama
It seems that you already know the answer, but just want to hear any exceptional experience from others.
Two different airlines (they are not even partners), on two separate tickets. The airlines is not obligated to check your bag through the other airlines. If they do, they are doing you a big favor. That's all.
AM and G3 are partners (though I suppose not to the extent of the DL/G3 partnership), and AM codeshares on G3's GRU-GIG/SDU flights. But in this instance, I did purchase three separate tickets here.

I mostly ask because I have a two-hour connection between SDU-GRU and GRU-MEX-LAX, which is normally tight, but owing to the layout of GRU it seems to be doable if I have to check my bag again. That said, if I can avoid having to check my bags in again, that would be preferable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.