Wiki Posts
Search

AeroMexico Classe Premier Special Meals

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:29 am
Original Poster

AeroMexico Classe Premier Special Meals

Hi All!
The wife and I purchased a roundtrip in Classe Premier and I noticed that a very potential option is a ham/cheese croissant sandwich as the only meal option on our flights. That is fine for most people, but I have a personal issue with cold cuts (dates back to my childhood) and would much prefer a Special Meal if one were available.

Our flights leave MCO around 3:55PM and returns 1:55PM which are not exactly normal meal times (at least in the USA).

I remember well over 10 years ago now when UA was offering Deli Plates in First Class and I would have to order a special meal to ensure that I did not get one of those Deli Plates.

I searched this forum but that last thread RE: AeroMexico Special Meals dates back to 2015 and back then nobody posted to the thread, so, any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere

Special Meals

We strive to meet all dietary needs and preferences. Our special meals menu is available on international flights and medium to long-haul flights. Please inform us of your special meal request 48 hours prior to takeoff at our call center.
(then farther down "We are pleased to offer special meals on international flights, and flights whose duration is long enough to include breakfast or a hot meal service"

https://aeromexico.com/en-us/flying-...-drink-service

Hope this helps...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
AM special meals seem to be available on most 3+ hour int'l flights that aren't red-eye flights.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Has anyone had an experience with said special meals?

While I realize that I am probably in a very very very small minority, my desire is to avoid cold cuts (been unable to eat cold cuts since I was a child) and AeroMexico seems to cater ham/cheese croissants almost as a matter of course.

I did call and request a lacto-ovo vegetarian meal, but I am not holding my hopes up as the person I spoke with on the phone barely understood my request.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:57 am

Do they do Kosher meals?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Do they do Kosher meals?
According to their website they do. With that said, attempting to order a Special Meal felt extremely difficult and the phone agent had trouble even understanding the request at first she insisted that AeroMexico does not accept Special Meals except for flight to from Europe and South America and then after much back and forth she finally said that even though she felt that it was impossible to do so, she would put in the request for whatever it is worth.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:29 am

I will be honest, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I fly AM a lot, because it has the routes/schedules that work, and for the most part, their hard product is pretty good. However their service is not very good, and not well geared to non-spanish speakers. And anything that is remotely out of the normal schedule/operating procedure is usually a disaster in terms of service response. I have seen things that leave me just scratching my head from a customer's perspective.
As frustrating as it may be, if eating on the plane is something necessary, you might look to bring something from the terminal on board as a back-up plan.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I've ordered SPMLs on a few segments in the past. It shouldn't be that difficult, and perhaps a HUCA situation when you can't get a competent agent. To the OP, I'd just call back and ask to confirm that the SPML request is in the reservation. (I'm looking at a current res on the AM website with an SPML request and there's no way to view that it actually exists).
RFNJ likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by kmersh
According to their website they do. With that said, attempting to order a Special Meal felt extremely difficult and the phone agent had trouble even understanding the request at first she insisted that AeroMexico does not accept Special Meals except for flight to from Europe and South America and then after much back and forth she finally said that even though she felt that it was impossible to do so, she would put in the request for whatever it is worth.
where you able to request one? if so, how was it?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I've ordered SPMLs on a few segments in the past. It shouldn't be that difficult, and perhaps a HUCA situation when you can't get a competent agent. To the OP, I'd just call back and ask to confirm that the SPML request is in the reservation. (I'm looking at a current res on the AM website with an SPML request and there's no way to view that it actually exists).
I can tell you the HUCA trick doesn't work most of the time on AM's U.S. toll free number, because they have very few English speaking agents, you can be on hold for a very long time. And when you finally get through, you will most likely speak to the same agent again.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:16 am

I just got back from a MEX-JFK flight this weekend. I don't know if the person next to me (vegan) had tried to make arrangements for a meal, but there was no accommodation for their dietary preference. The only thing that did not have animal product was the small bowl hummus. I felt bad for them.

AM is starting (ala Delta) to allow pre-flight selection of meals in Clase Premiere. However, there is no place on the website or app to actually see or select your meal, even when clicking on the email link. Rather annoying.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, United
I could't find this web site in English but its only on specific flight numbers, look at "Terminos y Condiciones". I don't see any flights from/to MCO. On this page you can enter your reservation code and see if they offer this for your flight.

https://www.aeromexico.com/es-mx/vue...escoge-tu-menu
RFNJ likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by parzivalmx
I could't find this web site in English but its only on specific flight numbers, look at "Terminos y Condiciones". I don't see any flights from/to MCO. On this page you can enter your reservation code and see if they offer this for your flight.

https://www.aeromexico.com/es-mx/vue...escoge-tu-menu
I am flying down in a few weeks, so I will try this link if the email fails again. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.