Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interjet vs Aeromexico

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Interjet vs Aeromexico

I am going to be booking flights from YVR-MEX on Aeromexico and then return PVR-YVR on Westjet using points.

I am now looking at what flights to book and what airline:
Leg 1
Mexico City-Oaxaca on Interjet (only one flight that day)
or
Mexico City-Oaxaca on Aeromexico (price is more than double)

Leg 2
Oaxaca-PVR through Mexico City on Interjet (they have an awesome price right now for the basic flight)
or
Oaxaca-PVR through Mexico City on Aeromexico (price is double)

What should I book?

I have flown both airlines once before a few years ago and no issues.
thanks

I am looking at a flight between Mexico City and Oaxaca and then Oaxaca to PVR (through Mexico City) in November
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:49 pm

Assuming that Interjet's flights are not at inconvenient times or have layovers you would find to be long, I would suggest to go with them. They do offer good service and extra savings to boot.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
I have yet to hear severe complaints about Interjet. The only reason to take Aeromexico is if you wanted business class, which IMO would not be worth it for those flights.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Even if I have to change terminals in mexico city? I would have 4 hours to do so
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:40 pm
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
My vote is for Interjet: better price, better legroom, similar service as domestic AM anyway. So go with price unless for some reason the schedule doesn't work for you. For your 2nd leg there aren't any direct flights from OAX to Puerto Vallarta. But you can also consider connecting through Guadalajara (GDL ) smaller airport where you won't need to transfer from one terminal to the next; but still 4 hours to connect in MEX for domestic legs is a ton of time anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
I also had no problem with Interjet. One small point of reference though. We had separate tickets arriving on LH from MUC and then changing to Interjet in MEX with a 5.5hr layover. The check-in queues in the morning at MEX for Interjet were humongous. Like, at least 2 hours long. And it was very disorganised at the check-in area because there were so many people. We had checked in online so only had baggage to drop off, but we still waited for around 1 hour through the queues. After check-in though it was quite quick, including security, and we were there during peak season (21 December). But Interjet itself was great. No complaints at all about the flight or the plane, and I would choose to fly them again.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Another vote for Interjet. They are my go-to airline for domestic travel within Mexico. More legroom, better service (including complimentary alcoholic beverage inflight), and, even on their cheapest "Light" fares, you still get a free checked bag. No free checked bags anymore on Aeromexico (or Volaris or VivaAerobus, for that matter).
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I just flew both. Interjet has better seat pitch. Both had a mess of boarding process. Both had free drinks, beer and snacks. Both lacked wifi, powerports. Both staff were friendly. Both on time.
I guess in Irops, AeroMexico would be better, but Interjet is significantly Cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.