FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other North and South American Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines-472/)
-   -   Interjet (Mexico), the basics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines/1958241-interjet-mexico-basics.html)

JDiver Feb 26, 2019 11:06 am

Interjet (Mexico), the basics

Information has been moved into the Wikipost at the top of the page, so it can be edited / updated by any member who is signed in and has 180 days of FlyerTalk tenure and 180 posts on FlyerTalk.

My family has been using Interjet for several years domestically and between MEX and JFK, LAX, SAT.Also American Airlines or Aeroméxico frequent flyers, they’re satisfied with Interjet’s operational reliability and service, particularly enjoying the extended seat pitch and discounts such as Jetbook.

Mama Feb 26, 2019 6:04 pm

I once asked for club soda (sparkling water) onboard. They replied don't have, and gave me water. On another flight, since they only pour coke/soda from big bottles (cheaper), if you sit in the back, you will most likely get the flat coke/soda. I.e, sugar water.
it's all good. :-)

AUCLABruin Mar 2, 2019 10:05 pm

Interjet is probably one's best bet to ride on Russian built jetliners in the Americas. A friend was due to fly on an SSJ from MEX to ACA, but was swapped for an A320 last minute. The Superjets' terrible reliability are really affecting Interjet.

traveler18 Apr 30, 2019 1:03 pm

Mexico assess a Tourist Tax for flights into Mexico. Airline include this of fares purchased in the US.
There are a few exemptions, Mexican Citizens and residents, infants under 2, diplomats and transfer passengers under 24 hours.
Most airlines process the refund of this tax upon submitting proof (such as a Mexico Passport). Not and Issue with AA, UA or Delta.

Interjet initially refused. They said to go get it form the Mexican Government. It is their obligation to collect it and NOT to collect it as appropriate.
If you find yourself in this situation and they refuse, I suggest you file a DOT complaint and if necessary take them to small claims court. They are registered in the US as ABC AEROLINEAS, S.A. DE C.V.
It is a small amount of approximately $28 per passenger, and should be a simple issue, but they arrogantly ignored it. Likely betting that consumers will not pursue such an amount.
Took some effort but they finally refunded this tax on several tickets. Just FYI.

VegasGambler May 14, 2019 2:46 am

I must admit that I had not heard of Interjet until a google flights search yesterday.

34 inch pitch in economy caught my eye -- does this actually translate to significantly more legroom than US carriers (max seems to be 32)

How does the comfort and space compare to a good E+ seat on a domestic carrier (say, 21F on a UA 737?)

If UA, AA, or DL flew lie-flats west coast - CUN I'd be all over that but I don't like paying for F in a "domestic F" recliner. Might interjet be the best choice for econ?

ricktoronto May 18, 2019 12:20 am

Originally Posted by AUCLABruin (Post 30841061)
Interjet is probably one's best bet to ride on Russian built jetliners in the Americas..

Not sure I'd use the word best but I'd use the word bet on voluntarily flying on Russian built aircraft. They do have a bit of a reliability issue. In April only 7 of 22 of Interjet's Superjets could even fly as they cadge parts from 15 that are grounded.

I've seen Russian buses in Nicaragua nearly falling apart in a year while Mexican buses of the same age remain quite roadworthy. At least you can get off a bus one stop later.

bruno-s Sep 1, 2019 3:36 pm

I'm trying ti find how long in advance to be at Cancun airport for an Interjet flight to Mexico. According to their website I must be at the check-in counter at least 2h before my flight. Also read some feedback online of people not being able to check-in when they arrived after the 2h but still with plenty of time.
Does anyone have any experience around that?
How busy does Cancun airport get?

Thanks

trajanc Oct 6, 2019 11:48 pm

Scammers

Interjet has a pattern of canceling flights, rebooking customers on crap itineraries and when anybody requests a refund (for any reason) they just get the run around. Plenty of reviews on yelp and trip advisor from people who have been cheated by these guys. Unfortunately before I booked I only read this thread. Should have dug a little deeper.

Aliksander Oct 9, 2019 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by trajanc (Post 31600599)
Interjet has a pattern of canceling flights, rebooking customers on crap itineraries and when anybody requests a refund (for any reason) they just get the run around. Plenty of reviews on yelp and trip advisor from people who have been cheated by these guys. Unfortunately before I booked I only read this thread. Should have dug a little deeper.

Ditto - Although I booked my flight thru trip.com so I expect I can dispute the credit card payment to trip.com and let them decide if they want to continue doing business with Interjet.

Mama Oct 10, 2019 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Aliksander (Post 31610556)
Ditto - Although I booked my flight thru trip.com so I expect I can dispute the credit card payment to trip.com and let them decide if they want to continue doing business with Interjet.

The deciding factor is wether Interjet gets you to your destination. Read your ticket terms and conditions. If you did get to your destination through Interjet, your credit card company or OTA would care for less if you were on a good or bad routing or delayed flight or bad customer service. Same with other airlines.

trajanc Oct 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Mama (Post 31612080)
The deciding factor is wether Interjet gets you to your destination. Read your ticket terms and conditions. If you did get to your destination through Interjet, your credit card company or OTA would care for less if you were on a good or bad routing or delayed flight or bad customer service. Same with other airlines.

Numerous times on other airlines when they have made significant change to my itinerary (and sometimes it only takes a tiny change) they will refund and cancel on request.

Mama Oct 11, 2019 3:08 am

Originally Posted by trajanc (Post 31614966)
Numerous times on other airlines when they have made significant change to my itinerary (and sometimes it only takes a tiny change) they will refund and cancel on request.

Again, please read your Interjet ticket terms and conditions. Interjet is not "other" airlines. It is a LLC with a bad reputation.
And, I don't think there is a regulation(law) that requires airlines to refund ticket because of schedule change. I will be happy to hear other opinions.
The bottom line is, you did accept Interjet's "bad" alternative routing and Interjet did get you to your destination.

trajanc Oct 11, 2019 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Mama (Post 31615861)
Again, please read your Interjet ticket terms and conditions. Interjet is not "other" airlines. It is a LLC with a bad reputation.
And, I don't think there is a regulation(law) that requires airlines to refund ticket because of schedule change. I am happy to hear other opinions.
At the end of day, you did accept Interjet's "bad" alternative routing and Interjet did get you to your destination.

What are you talking about? I didn’t accept anything. When I got the notification of the schedule change I didn’t accept it, I called them, after hours on hold and being transferred I got an agent who said they would cancel the flights and give me a full refund. So I booked new flights with Aeroméxico. But Interjet never came thru with the refund. Every time I call it’s a toss up between you have to talk to somebody else, I don’t know what’s going on or the refund is coming.
If they had said straight up no, we will not refund you then I could have factored that into the decision to rebook.

Mama Oct 11, 2019 7:29 am

Oh dear, now the picture is clearer. Did you have the refund agreement from them in writing(email or screen print)? If not, they now can actually claim you voluntarily canceled your reservation without refund and book another airlines.
Funny that you mentioned Aeromexico. Based on my dealing with Aeromexico, they too don't make it easy for you when it comes to refund or giving frequent flyer benefits. Most of their customer service reps seem untrained, and disinterested in customer service.

trajanc Nov 25, 2019 9:21 pm

Nothing in writing. And our group has three separate tickets on the flight in question. After a lot of badgering they sent one person an offer to exchange the ticket for another flight within a year, he’d have to pay taxes and fees. But after all this crap my friend doesn’t want to give them any money and doesn’t want to fly with them.