Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico BZE-MEX-SEA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, United Silver
Aeromexico BZE-MEX-SEA

We're going to be flying back to the states this weekend and I'm trying to figure out if we're going to have to collect our bags in MEX prior to going through customs. On the way down from SEA we didn't have to. But not sure if that is true or not on the way back.

My concern is if I buy duty free in BZE and I don't get my bags in MEX, I won't be able to avoid losing the booze through security due to the liquid limits.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SteerageFlyer
We're going to be flying back to the states this weekend and I'm trying to figure out if we're going to have to collect our bags in MEX prior to going through customs. On the way down from SEA we didn't have to. But not sure if that is true or not on the way back.

My concern is if I buy duty free in BZE and I don't get my bags in MEX, I won't be able to avoid losing the booze through security due to the liquid limits.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
My last 2 trips from South America through MEX there was no bag retrieval. Also note that @ EZE, my bag was ziptied by the airline so even had I any access to my bag, getting into it would have been quite troublesome.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

It seems that your origin airport matters on if you retreave or not.

Zip tied? Really? I wonder why they do that.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SteerageFlyer
It seems that your origin airport matters on if you retreave or not.

Zip tied? Really? I wonder why they do that.
To avoid airport staff stealing from your checked bags.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama
To avoid airport staff stealing from your checked bags.
Well I guess that makes sense! Probably a good reason not to put an expensive bottle of rum in my bag huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.